• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can USF give away free tics to the upper sections?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Here's an idea: How about USF contacting the local grade schools and offer a few hundred tickets to each school for home games?

Maybe there could be a stipulation about "must be accompanied by an adult." Those tickets could be earmarked and require a student I.D so they can't be sold.

---and throw in some stickers, etc.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I know this type of quesiton has been raised before.

One thing I remember hearing (as an excuse) is that they would have to have additional Sun Dome staff to accommodate the additional people, and from a revenue standpoint it wasn't a good idea.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

OK...here's the thing to factor in when it comes to "giving away" tickets. Nothing is ever really 'free'.

It does nothing for the bottom line. And the bottom line is what really matters when it comes to attendance at both RayJ and the dome.

If I open up x-number of seats to a non-revenue generating operation, I have to eat the increased overhead. In doing so, I cut into the narrow profit margin I already have.  At the same time, you have to explain to the folks who did buy a ticket at full face value, why someone with kids - who occupies double my space - warrants free admission.

I know...it looks good on the whiteboard, and probably generates a warm fuzzy feeling about extending some intangible goodwill...but at  the end of the day....there's no guarantee that the "good will' angle worked.   Like Snoop Dogg said "everybody's got their cup, but they ain't chipped in".

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

You know it's a great post when you quote Snoop Dog!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I would run a promotion where the first say 200 people to show up get a free ticket. The next 200 get in for $5, the next 200 get in for $10. Promote this for all games. Start giving away the tickets an hour before tip off. I don't know what the increased overhead would be but I believe all these people might spend money at the concessions and for parking. It would actually bring in additional revenue and I think the players might appreciate seeing some people in the stands. I think the hardcore fans and boosters would not mind this because it would increase attendance. I don't know what our walkup numbers are but I don't imagine they are very high.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

if you start giving away tickets to your more loyal fans (the ones actually showing up early/on time) you def. will not make any money

Guest Basketbull.

Seems like a lot of specious reasoning going on.

1) The current empty seats produce no money.

2) USF is spending money on promotion.

Why not shift a little toward bringing in the crowd? I'm not saying free for everybody, forever, just long enough to get the local folks involved.

If somebody in power wants it to happen, it can and will.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Here's an idea: How about USF contacting the local grade schools and offer a few hundred tickets to each school for home games?

Maybe there could be a stipulation about "must be accompanied by an adult." Those tickets could be earmarked and require a student I.D so they can't be sold.

---and throw in some stickers, etc.

There was a group sitting behind the Bulls bench, lower level, that all had on yellow(I think) t-shirts, Anybody know if that was some kind of promotion?