• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Search For QB Yields Interesting Prospects

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

The AJC did not list USF as a potential suitoras well, when they initially wrote the story on the Carter transfer. I thought at the time of that story, we might be a potential school to where he may transfer due to location  (he's from Lakewood) and need. However, this was the same time as the Midgett transfer and we were not offering Midgett, so it lead me to believe we were shying away from QB transfers. I believe Carter is far more athletic than Midgett, so that may be the reason for his consideration.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I posted this on the recruiting board just now, but figured it was relevant to this thread, so I am reposting it here:

USF #1 with Carlton Hill again

« on: Today at 2:48pm »  Quote  Modify  Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Insiders:

Schools of Interest:  

School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?  

South Florida High Interest Yes   01/14/2005    

Miami (Fl) Med Interest Yes   01/28/2005    

Mississippi Med Interest Yes   01/21/2005    

Auburn No Interest Yes   None    

North Carolina State No Interest Yes   10/22/2004    

Purdue No Interest Yes   10/15/2004

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1183502  

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

WOW.........Great to hear...

Tks Howie....

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Awesome about Hill, although I don't put any weight in the high/low interest info from these sources.  

He will take the reigns next year if he ends up coming.  Great news.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

What I found the most interesting about the Hill update is that Miami HAS in fact offered him a scholarship and, yet, we are the only school he ranked as HIGH.

At the least it shows we are still really in the running to get him, and I think he will be very impressed with USF on his official visit, by not only the school but by the quality of the recruits who ALSO will be attending that weekend.

He will realize that there are a number of other top players seriously considering USF and that should make him feel even more comfortable with us.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.nola.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/sports-15/1104822073159160.xml

Perrilloux meets Miles, considers his options

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

By William Kalec

Staff writer

Well, that didn't take long.

East St. John quarterback Ryan Perrilloux said shortly after Nick Saban's departure to the NFL he intended to familiarize himself with new coach LSU athletic director Skip Bertman hired as soon as possible.

Former Oklahoma State coach Les Miles officially was introduced at a noon press conference Monday in Baton Rouge. Before Miles had time to fully unpack, Perrilloux, the top recruit in the state, sat down with the new hire at 4 p.m.

The trip, however, wasn't entirely impromptu. Perrilloux had a doctor's appointment in Baton Rouge, a procedural check-up he has every six months since tearing knee ligaments as a sophomore.

"Coach Saban and Coach Miles have two different personalities," Perrilloux said while driving back to LaPlace. "Coach Saban is real straightforward, mild, tell you how it is. Coach Miles is real honest, but he doesn't mind joking around either. He'll talk with you.

"We talked, and he basically told me how he planned to turn around the whole system."

Perrilloux said Oklahoma State was one of the nearly 100 Division I-A schools to offer a scholarship, but neither Miles nor anyone from his staff made contact besides generic recruiting letters he stopped opening in the summer.

As if Monday, the re-opening day of recruiting following the holiday dead period, wasn't eventful enough, Perrilloux received a call from Texas running backs coach/recruiting coordinator Michael Haywood informing the blue-chip prospect that he accepted the offensive coordinator position on Charlie Weis' new staff at Notre Dame. Haywood was instrumental in recruiting Perrilloux and a major reason why Perrilloux committed to the Longhorns in July.

"That just goes to show that money changes a lot of people's minds," said Phillip Breaux, Perrilloux's stepfather. ". . . If Ryan wants to change his mind, that's fine. He doesn't owe Mack Brown a thing."

Perrilloux also tossed another stick in the spokes, saying he's seriously considering taking his next official visit to South Florida -- a football program younger than Perrilloux.

Asked if Texas was still the favorite, Perrilloux gave a hint to how cluttered his thought process is at the moment when he answered, "kind of."

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Perilloux has us scheduled for a mid week visit.  So far he will be the only one visiting on this certain day.  If the visit happens then give the props to coach Dawsey who got us the in with Ryan.  

We definitely have Grothe so I am happy with that already.  I like our chances on landing Carlton Hill also.  However, If we could land Perrilloux it would send ripples through the college football world and could be a stepping stone to a BCS game, the kid is that good.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If Perrilloux comes, that would end the starting QB debate.  The kid is very smart, strong, athletic, and has the level of attitude that would fit right in.  There is no need to redshirt him, and we don't have anyone else that meets his skill level.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

What I found the most interesting about the Hill update is that Miami HAS in fact offered him a scholarship and, yet, we are the only school he ranked as HIGH.

At the least it shows we are still really in the running to get him, and I think he will be very impressed with USF on his official visit, by not only the school but by the quality of the recruits who ALSO will be attending that weekend.

He will realize that there are a number of other top players seriously considering USF and that should make him feel even more comfortable with us.

Miami can rescind a scholarship offer.  

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Miami can rescind a scholarship offer.  

Get lost....