• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

"look at UCF"

Why? Who gives a CRAP!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

I agree that RayJay is a good recruiting tool as would be an on-campus stadium, possibly, but let's not forget that the most successful program in Florida uses an off-campus stadium that is a dump .....

Yes, but UM only sold out 1 game last year.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Yes, but UM only sold out 1 game last year.

That's kind of my point ....... You don't need fancy stadiums, on-campus stadiums, a huge, blindly loyal fan base to become a player in college football. I realize that UM is the exception rather than the rule but it's just an observation.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

Many in the know think the stadium will happen.. next 30 to 60 days will say whether it would be done in 06 or 07.  Va tech just did a major addition to their stadium using the same technique.... here is an interesting web site.. www.dantclayton.com/ go to bottom of page and click on college.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I am fine RJS but we need to take steps to USF-ize RJS...  I have said many time we need to invest in some kind of tarp that would cover the red of the top levels... Imagine green and gold on the entire upper level!  They could be put up and taken down very easily, hell I know painting of the field is a no-go but this could be easily done!   What would the expense be 200,000 bucks?  I will donate $100 alone to help customize the stadium and make it look not so empty!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

I am fine RJS but we need to take steps to USF-ize RJS...  I have said many time we need to invest in some kind of tarp that would cover the red of the top levels... Imagine green and gold on the entire upper level!  They could be put up and taken down very easily, hell I know painting of the field is a no-go but this could be easily done!   What would the expense be 200,000 bucks?  I will donate $100 alone to help customize the stadium and make it look not so empty!

I agree.  Another option is what the Mutiny did.  They had a ring of banners on poles about 20 feet high in front of the first row of the top level.  Probably easier to put up and take down than massive tarps and it blocked the view of all those empty seats from down below.

Also, why not pull the black curtain again for basketball to block the third level?  I see they still have the wires up to do that.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

79bull they could probably put the curtain on the second level for BB and have enough room for those actually attending the games.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

A better point of reference is Papa John stadium, which cost $63 million.  That $63 million included removal and remediation costs on the site

No, it didn't. "Environmental remediation" cost $6.8 million above the $63M in construction costs.

PJCS opened in 1998. Adjust that figure for inflation and it comes to $72 million in 2004 dollars, which is closer to Rentschler's real cost than to UCF's projections.

To give you another example, Princeton's new football stadium cost $45 million in 1998 ($51.5M today), seats 27,000, has no chairbacks, and was built on the site of its former stadium.

SMU's Gerald Ford Stadium: 30K seats, $61.9 million in inflation adjusted dollars, though that figure does include an athletic facility.

The SMU and UofL projects were each over two years from groundbreaking to hosting their first game. Hitt thinks UCF can be ready for the start of the 2006 season, which is 20 months from today.

UCF's projections of $40M/40-45K seats/20 months are simply not consistent with the real costs and timeline of any known project.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

No, it didn't. "Environmental remediation" cost $6.8 million above the $63M in construction costs.

PJCS opened in 1998. Adjust that figure for inflation and it comes to $72 million in 2004 dollars, which is closer to Rentschler's real cost than to UCF's projections.

To give you another example, Princeton's new football stadium cost $45 million in 1998 ($51.5M today), seats 27,000, has no chairbacks, and was built on the site of its former stadium.

SMU's Gerald Ford Stadium: 30K seats, $61.9 million in inflation adjusted dollars, though that figure does include an athletic facility.

The SMU and UofL projects were each over two years from groundbreaking to hosting their first game. Hitt thinks UCF can be ready for the start of the 2006 season, which is 21 months from today.

UCF's projections of $40M/40-45K seats/21 months are simply not consistent with the real costs and timeline of any known project.

It was also my understanding that UL's state-of-the-art press box and scoreboard were built from independent contributors and not part of the initial stadium and construction costs.  Which brought the total up another $5-7mm, probably $10mm in today's standards.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

I believe that if you see UCF starting to build a stadium over there with a losing program, you better believe some of our officials are gonna start considering building one.  Even though it makes more sense to stay at Ray Jay, we have been improving our campus in order to draw kids that are torn between UCF and USF. Trust me, if UCF builds an on-campus stadium it'll only mean that we'll have one that much faster.