• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

UCF considers building stadium on campus

Wednesday, January 5, 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) The University of Central Florida is considering building a football stadium on its main campus and moving its home games from the Citrus Bowl in downtown Orlando.

The design under consideration would cost about $40 million to build. UCF President John Hitt says it would be paid for and supported by boosters and ticket and concession sales, not state dollars.

Construction could begin as early as this summer and be completed before the 2006 football season.

UCF has played at the Florida Citrus Bowl stadium near downtown Orlando since the team's inaugural season in 1979.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

WARNING!

This post is fine here unless the usual USF/UCF garbage breaks out.  so, if you UCF fans are proud of this news story, leave off the smart remarks and the post can stay here for all Bulls fans to see.

I think it is relevent and should be seen by Bulls.  I also congratulate UCF on at least getting this far in the process.  

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

40 million?

that wouldn't even cover  cost of roads to stadium

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

www. reidsteel.com  has some interesting stuff on steel stadiums.. from all I have heard.. odds of this happening are pretty good..

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,508

Any more details?  Number of seats?  Bench or individual seats?  Many questions for a price that cheap.

Did they hire that crook Steve LaBrake to estimate the construction costs?  He sure was good at fudging numbers until they busted him.

(More info on LaBrake if you are too lazy to google his name http://www.sptimes.com/2004/11/18/Hillsborough/LaBrake_takes_stand__.shtml)

If they can build it than good for them.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

$40 Million is the same figure FAU used when speaking about building a stadium on campus for them.  If I remember correctly UCONN just built a stadium on campus and it cost them $90 million I do not remember how big it was though.  I think USF would need almost $200 million to build a nice stadium on campus and have the seating capacity we would want.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  23

Found a more complete version of the article on Yahoo. www.orlandosentinel.com/news/yahoo/orl-locucf05010505jan05,0,5747562.story?coll=orl-newsaol-headlines

Doesn't seen to be such a slam dunk as of yet. But hopefully they could find a way to get it done. The Citrus Bowl is an old pile of junk, and you can only keep polishing that turd for so long.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Their official site has this headline:

UCF Exploring Possibility of Building Football Stadium on Campus

Well, it's a step - but certainly is a far from anything concrete (or steel).

http://ucfathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010405aaa.html

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

We should have a stadium.  I've always had that opinion but several of you disagree.  We pay the Glasser's for everything.  If we had a stadium say with 40k seating capacity (design it so it can expand) and include luxury boxes ($$$$ for USF) that money could go to the program and somewhat shed that commuter school image.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

I also agree with having own stadium. I find the cost for the proposed UCF stadium very low. BUT if they get it done more power to them. USF could just stand by and see the results. If its a bad situation we lose nothing, if it works out for them it could serve as a blueprint for our own.

Right now they play in the Citrus Bowl which is no comparison to RJS and as it goes into renovation they might be homeless for a year in 2006 so they are more desperate than us when it comes to stadium to play in.