• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

grothe was better than bj

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

At this point in Grothes career, USF was ranked and on its way to becoming #2.

How is this even an argument?

BJ is better at running the ball than Matt, that's about it, and that has nothing to do with development or anything, that is not a learned skill like reading defenses, accurate throwing, making sound decisions, etc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can't compare the two at this point in the year.  I have the distinct feeling that for the most part CSH has had a leash on Daniels this year to stay in the pocket, Grothe never had that.  I am watching the WKU game again right now on the BHSN rebroadcast and twice in the first drive of the 3rd quarter BJ had clear running lanes and pulled up in the pocket, not taking them.  

Besides, Grothe had an older front line that Daniels does.  Had not had a coaching change, hence new gameplan, and had an offensive scheme built around him.  

Once we get in conference play we will see how this comparison pans out.

3 different OC's for Grothe..Smith, Gregory and Canales.

You are correct.  Same playbook though :(

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

While i think Grothe might have had a slight edge in field vision his decision making was poor even when he was a senior. Daniels accuracy is relatively on par with Grothe except in the short passing game. Lets not forget Grothe 52 TD's and 44 INT's in his career which is quite bad. Both have their positives and negatives but BJ has a higher ceiling than Grothe ever had and with coaches who seem smarter it should translate into Daniels play. Give it time he is still a RS Sophmore in a new system going on his 3rd offensive coordinator. He still has 33 games left in his career excluding possible bowl games to prove ya'll wrong.

humans dont have ceilings or floors

that is coach speak

my parents didnt graduate highschool and i am a multimillionare

itis about perfomance

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

this thread is filled with so much misinformation i dont even know where to begin.

in short though, i think we can all agree gunsby/eveld > daniels > grothe because that's how it always is.........</sarcasm>

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Can't compare the two at this point in the year.  I have the distinct feeling that for the most part CSH has had a leash on Daniels this year to stay in the pocket, Grothe never had that.  I am watching the WKU game again right now on the BHSN rebroadcast and twice in the first drive of the 3rd quarter BJ had clear running lanes and pulled up in the pocket, not taking them.  

Besides, Grothe had an older front line that Daniels does.  Had not had a coaching change, hence new gameplan, and had an offensive scheme built around him.  

Once we get in conference play we will see how this comparison pans out.

3 different OC's for Grothe..Smith, Gregory and Canales.

You are correct.  Same playbook though :(

Playbook, or style of offense? The version of the spread that USF used was different than the version Florida used.

Also, when UF lost Dan Mullen to Miss St., UF continued to run the spread, but Adazio's spread offense looks much different than what Mullen's looked like.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Did I actually see someone saying that Grothe had a better OL?

huh. I have been hearing, and fully believe that this is our best OL ever.

Again, it doesn't matter, but those arguing were the ones that were all over Grothe's case I would bet. The ones calling for his head. Fortunately, one can still type with a foot stuck in their mouth.

• Content Count:  7,201

While i think Grothe might have had a slight edge in field vision his decision making was poor even when he was a senior. Daniels accuracy is relatively on par with Grothe except in the short passing game. Lets not forget Grothe 52 TD's and 44 INT's in his career which is quite bad. Both have their positives and negatives but BJ has a higher ceiling than Grothe ever had and with coaches who seem smarter it should translate into Daniels play. Give it time he is still a RS Sophmore in a new system going on his 3rd offensive coordinator. He still has 33 games left in his career excluding possible bowl games to prove ya'll wrong.

that is coach speak

itis about perfomance

How much do you donate to USF and to this board?  I didn't see "donor" under your name.  I recall you saying you were going to donate to help out TBP.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

that is coach speak

itis about perfomance

How much do you donate to USF and to this board?  I didn't see "donor" under your name.  I recall you saying you were going to donate to help out TBP.

you need to talk  to brad

i donate a small fortune to various charitiies in la andcaliiforia

i don advertise my donations a that would beadvertising

what is tbp?

please feel free to tell us alll of your donations

• Content Count:  7,201

that is coach speak

itis about perfomance

what is tbp?

TBP is The Bulls Pen.  In case you are not sure what that is, it is the message board you are currently reading.

To donate, you use the "donate" tab on the upper left.  Then you use pay pal  (so it is safe) and you donate.

Then in a few weeks, it will show up as 2010 Donor under the name SMAZZA when you post anything.

I am not asking you to advertise, but to support this board which is paid for by the people who are on here.  I would also recommend you donate to the Alumni association and Athletics association (I have not noticed your name in the past when they list donors).  Just saying......

I think that people who criticize something they are associated, also have an obligation to help whatever it is they criticize.  You use this board, and you criticize USF and USF athletics.  So put your money where your keyboard is.

• Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

that is coach speak

itis about perfomance

what is tbp?

So what you are really saying in the gibberish you just posted is you don't give any money and you are Freddie the freeloader

If you look Incredibull says 2010 donor

Well said Incredibull.  People who criticize need to also donate.

Archived