• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some Recruiting Info

Guest In Jim I Trust

Guest In Jim I Trust

RECRUITING CENTRAL

Bill Buchalter

Published December 26, 2004

•  One new name being added to recruiting boards is Ocala Forest OL Kyle Futch (6-4/270). He is the nephew of Greg Futch and Garry Futch, both of whom starred for FSU during the early Bobby Bowden era. Futch has been looking at USF, Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss.

•  Seffner Armwood OL Chad Peterson (6-3/285), the prime blocker for the Class 4A state champs, also is starting to get long looks from recruiters, especially from USF, which is becoming a second home to Armwood alums

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I posted that earlier on the recruiting board under OL to try and keep the info all together for people to find.

Here is another interesting recruiting note involving Marcus Baker who was Ingram's sidekick last year and we would have also taken at the time.

Former Florida signee…

Marcus Baker spoke last week. A late addition to the 2004 Florida signing class who was unable to enroll at UF, Baker is presently enrolled at Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville. Baker told me that he is looking at three schools, South Florida, Central Florida, and Bethune-Cookman. The Bulls and Knights are especially eager for him to transfer in January, so that he can participate in spring drills. He said that his plan was to remain at Santa Fe through the spring and transfer. My guess is that Baker will end up in Daytona Beach with the Wildcats.

http://florida.scout.com/2/335166.html

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

So would his circumstances allow him to play this coming season if he did tranfer here?  Or would he fall under the category of having to sit out the year?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

I could never understand this how can a player be looking at USF and FAU or USF and Bethune Cookeman and of course USF and UCF. It just does not make sense these schools are on completely different levels.  I mean its almost like a basketball recruit looking at UNC, UK, and USF. On a basketball level there is no comparison, maybe someone has some insight but I just dont get it.

If your good enough to play and get a scholarship at USF then why would you consider UCF, FAU, or BCC??

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

It may be that they are eager for him to walk on NOT get a scholarship while Bethune will give him one.There is not enough information there to know if all are offering similar deals

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Some players would rather goto an institution where they are surrounded by a majority of the student body being of the same race.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

without a top qb the recruiting class has very little excitement