• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Our Prayers: Is BasketBull Still Alive Tonight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Most of us know him by Far East Bull, Vader Bull, BasketBull, or his real name Duke.

For those that don't know, BasketBull's country got ravaged by the Tsunami's (huge 20 - 30 FT tidal waves that can hit the coast lines in speeds greater than 600 MPH) that resulted from the earthquake in the Indian Ocean this morning. Over 14,000 are dead and we haven't heard from Duke yet since it happened. Here's hoping Far East Bull tunes in sooner than later to let us know he is all right.

If I'm still on top of things, BasketBull has been teaching English in Thailand... he's sent me numerous letters during the GreenbergOpolis days, but I don't have the envelopes anymore saying what city he is teaching in Thailand.

I owe the guy a beer when he finally gets stateside... I hope this disaster straight out of the movies didn't claim one of ours.  ???

Guest BasketBull.

...I'm fine! I'm in Taiwan, not Thailand.

Just the same, I appreciate the sentiment, Sheriff.

If you ever read, "China has launched an attack on Taiwan." Worry for me!

Guest BasketBull.

On a side note, I have vacationed in Phuket ('phoo' - 'ket'), Thailand before. And from the photos, the same streets where I have walked are now totally destroyed... Horrible.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The memory is bad this early in the morning. Good to know you're well... Taiwan... Thailand... easily mistaken.

I saw the pictures of the city Phuket (in Sheriff's English... pronounced F-ck'it)... it looked, well, pretty F-cked to say the least.

The people said when the Tsunami hit, initially, the tide went out, like way out... and then a monster wave minutes later came back. I keep thinking of the movie "The Morning After" or whatever it is called that came out this year.

So freakish... and tragic.

Glad to see your safe Duke!

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

The people said when the Tsunami hit, initially, the tide went out, like way out... and then a monster wave minutes later came back. I keep thinking of the movie "The Morning After" or whatever it is called that came out this year.

The Day After Tomorrow is what the movie was.  I would NOT recommend this movie to all of those who have not seen it.  Not good at all.