• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

According to this web site, we are not doing so well in recruiting.  We are ranked 82nd - for example UCF is 65th, Florida 25th, fsu 21.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=14

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=14

Was up wit this?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

Bad season with very little fan support hurts recruiting.

before you all jump off of a bridge, recruiting is going very well.  the committment list mentioned is incomplete and the reason ucf is ranked higher is because they have more recruits but all of them except for one juco player are 2 star commits, according to rivals. in contrast we have 4 recruits and all of them are 3 stars. so far recruiting is actually better this year than last. january is when the bulk of our recruit visits are going to occur, so look for plenty of verbals to occur then. if you want any more info sign up to either rivals or insiders and support usf.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

early.

count the chickens after the eggs hatch in feb on signing day

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

Also, let me add that USF did jump up well last season when it was closer to signing day. It is too early to tell right now. I will wait until signing day before I put any faith into these hyped up rankings. USF will be fine because of the BIG EAST and top notch facilities. Also, the win over UAB on national TV should help too. I loved the fact that all the ESPN announcers spoke about the promise of our program. That kept stating that we are a very young and talented football team that will only get better in the new few years heading into the BIG EAST. They did a well job at selling USF in my book. Thanks ESPN!!!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Also, let me add that USF did jump up well last season when it was closer to signing day. It is too early to tell right now. I will wait until signing day before I put any faith into these hyped up rankings. USF will be fine because of the BIG EAST and top notch facilities. Also, the win over UAB on national TV should help too. I loved the fact that all the ESPN announcers spoke about the promise of our program. That kept stating that we are a very young and talented football team that will only get better in the new few years heading into the BIG EAST. They did a well job at selling USF in my book. Thanks ESPN!!!

what about the games against pitt and memphis

getting blown out in an empty stadium must look great to recruits

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Scout.com also is pretty far off base on the way they rank certain propects.  For example they rate Matt Grothe a 2 star recruit with no national ranking at QB.  Where as most other recruiting sites has him ranked much higher, I mean the guy was the runner up for Mr. Football in the state of Florida and they rank him as if he were a 2nd string junior QB on a losing team.

I wouldnt put much merit into what Scout.com ranks anything.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

I wouldnt be very worried... U are aiming for more blue chip type players... U will get a couple more 3 star guys... then fill out tab with 2 stars... U will do just fine.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

According to this web site, we are not doing so well in recruiting.  We are ranked 82nd - for example UCF is 65th, Florida 25th, fsu 21.

i am somewhat concerned after the poor season we had

we are foolish to think we will get better without changes

how can we be ranked so low?

on our worst day we should be in top half.we are from tampa where there is a  ocean  of talent

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

i am somewhat concerned after the poor season we had

we are foolish to think we will get better without changes

how can we be ranked so low?

on our worst day we should be in top half.we are from tampa where there is a  ocean  of talent

It's still way too early.  We have some highly rated players still looking at us.  I'm confident our ranking will rise.