• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First look: Bulls' new USA jerseys for Brazil trip

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm glad that SH is not suspending our two "dine & dash" players, since we are representing the USA in this tourney.

AUGUST 07, 2010

First look: Bulls' new USA jerseys for Brazil trip

Full

Here's your first look at the USA basketball jerseys that USF's men's basketball team will be wearing in the next week as they represent the U.S. in the Pan American University Championships in Brazil. As you can see, there's a tiny USF logo on the jersey front, so the Bulls will be representing the Bulls as well in five games against international competition.

USF's first three games in Salvador are on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, against Colombia, Chile and Brazil. The Bulls get Thursday off, then play two more games next weekend, potentially for the semifinals and championship of the tournament.

USF coach Stan Heath talked with reporters Friday about the tournament ahead -- he said his likely starting lineup will be point guard Anthony Crater, shooting guard Shaun Noriega, power forward Gus Gilchrist and center Jarrid Famous, with Shedrick Haynes, Hugh Robertson and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick battling for the final starting nod. Fitzpatrick would give the Bulls more size, but he's traditionally played at power forward, so the challenge would be in whether he can defend opposing 3s or if the Bulls would have to rely on a zone defense to help out.

Heath said he expects to play 10 players in Brazil, so that should mean plenty of minutes for Ron Anderson in the frontcourt, as well as freshman Lavonte Dority at the point and Mike Burwell on the perimeter.

(Photo courtesy USF, showing Bulls players Mike Burwell and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick in their new USA uniforms.)

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/first-look-bulls-new-usa-jerseys-brazil-trip#comments

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,157
  • Days Won:  429

I was trying to find some broadcast info and came across this. If that's is one of the teams they're going up against, I fear for our players' lives ... There are some freaking Neanderthals on there:

160610_panam3.jpg

... and I guess they're won't be any live streaming, just daily recaps at www.cbdu.org.br/pan2010 , per gousfbulls.com.

Perhaps, we can pull in some international verbals on this trip.  ;D 

Heath, Bulls Ready To Represent USA 

Courtesy: USF

Release: 08/06/2010

TAMPA - The University of South Florida men's basketball team will practice Saturday morning before flying out for the Pan American University Championships in Salvador, Brazil.

Coach Stan Heath addressed the media on Friday afternoon, making final comments about the progress his team has made through the 10 pre-event practices as well as what players are looking for spots in the starting lineup.

Click here for the press conference video. (Turn up the volume on your computer)

Wearing USA uniforms with the USF logo on the shoulder, the Bulls will take 12 players to Brazil to play in five international games using FIBA rules. USF's first game will be on August 9. The six-team event will be played in Salvador, Brazil.

Six teams will battle for the gold medal in Brazil, including the USA, Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil.

USF's games, played at the Salesiano School in Brazil, are listed below:

Aug. 9 USA vs. Colombia

Aug. 10 USA vs. Chile

Aug. 11 USA vs. Brazil

Aug. 13 Semifinal

Aug. 14 Finals

The games will NOT be streamed online, but video highlights along with daily recaps will be posted to the tournament website at www.cbdu.org.br/pan2010.

A Brazilian TV station, SporTV, will broadcast the championship game on Saturday as a pay-per-view event.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204974527&DB_OEM_ID=7700

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

if we can't win this tourney it does not bode well. 

You must know something which I don't.

I can't even figure out what "teams" are there nor their rosters.

That website right now is pretty useless.

It mentioned one team, Universidade Católica de Temuco, but I only found three players listed on their roster. If that's all they have, I'm pretty sure we can at least beat them.  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,157
  • Days Won:  429

You must know something which I don't.

I can't even figure out what "teams" are there nor their rosters.

That website right now is pretty useless.

It mentioned one team, Universidade Católica de Temuco, but I only found three players listed on their roster. If that's all they have, I'm pretty sure we can at least beat them.  ;)

Here's some info on the Brazilian team ....  http://www.latinbasket.com/Brazil/basketball.asp?NewsID=199067

• Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

here is a translation (google translation) regarding the tournament from their website

Three matches mark the opening round of the Pan American Cup I Université River Men's Basketball 2010, Monday (09/08). Six pa? Ifs? Brazil, USA, Col MBIA, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay? seek t? ter's debut tournament.

Chile and Uruguay are the first game of the 2010 Pan, "s 16h, in the gymnasium of the Col sio? Gio Salesian (in Nazar?). The Chilean team represented the University Cat? Lica of Temuco, the selected face Uruguay.

In second Show, "s 18h, play Col? MBIA and the United States. The team from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota?, Facing the team from [glow=red,2,300]South Florida University. [/glow]

The seal? The Brazilian-led t? Scenic Marco pegol, the Chu?, Playing at home with the support of the fans to end the round of Pan 2010, on Monday (09/08), "s 20h, in a duel against Paraguay.

Between the second and third game,  19.30, be? performed ceremonially nia Opening of Pan 2010 with a parade of delegates speech and the authorities.

The Pan American Championship Université river Basketball 2010? a place? of the Confederation? the Brazilian Sport Université river (CBDU) in partnership with Koch Tavares and organize? the Sport Université laughed Pan American (ODUPA) and supported by Wilson, SporTV Prefecture, Salvador , Secretaria Municipal de Educa? the Culture, Sport and Recreation, oversees? ncia Sports Bahia State, Government of Bahia, Bahia and TV State Department of Sport.

This second round (8.9) - Pan American Universit? River Basketball

Location: Gin? Sio the Col? Gio Salesian (Pra? The Almeida Couto, n.374, Nazar?)

Admission: Tickets at the withdrawal of Gin? Sio the Col? Gio Salesian? S 15.30

Table Games:

16h? Chile and Uruguay

18h? Col? MBIA and the United States

20h? Brazil and Paraguay

"In second Show, "s 18h, play Col? MBIA and the United States. The team from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota?, Facing the team from South Florida University."

Nice to see who we play, but it would be even nicer if I could find out anything about their supposed basketball team.  ;D

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Pontificia_Universidad_Javeriana

Pan American Blog by Jordan Heath 

Courtesy: USF

Release: 08/09/2010

While at the Pan American University Championships, incoming freshman guard Jordan Heath will log the University of South Florida's adventures in Salvador, Brazil. Check GoUSFBulls.com daily for updates from the international competition. Click here for more information about the event.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&SPSID=36686&SPID=2923&ATCLID=204974527&DB_OEM_ID=7700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day One, Sunday, Aug. 8

Click here for some photos taken with my phone.

JHGKCJIVUBMNJLI.20100809151809.JPG

http://www.gousfbulls.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&PALBID=379195

After finally awakening and being able to move from a nine-hour flight to the city of Salvador, we look out and it seems as if we landed in a jungle. But relieving enough, five minutes into the bus drive we see the beautiful country of Brazil. Surprisingly without even talking to a native, we were able to figure out a very important part of the Brazilian culture. Every other block or so there was a soccer field, and there were people on every single field playing at seven in the morning.

While driving through the city we see a not too different, but still very exotic way of life. People are very relaxed, everyone is friendly and willing to help. Just as we are curious to their diverse way of life, they are curious about us as well.

Following our arrival to our hotel, we had a couple of hours to recuperate from the extremely long travel hours and all the excitement that didn't hit us until we made it here. The first thing most of us encountered was the foreign food. It wasn't too unusual but we did have trouble finding an appetite our first couple of meals. We share the hotel with all of the other teams in the tournament, and interestingly enough they are just as confused as us, but equally as friendly.

KIVZXNXGCIPLTZA.20100809151824.JPG

Once we got settled, we left for practice. Although we didn't expect anything different than what we saw, the gym is interesting to say the least. It doesn't seat more than the average high school in the States, there is no air conditioning and the lines on the court are not the same as the what we are used to.

TAFMDNPFPXCVOEX.20100809151844.JPG

But we have no excuses. We know what we are in Salvador for and we are focused on accomplishing our goals for our school and our country.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204974928&DB_OEM_ID=7700

Archived