• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAU Stadium Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

FAU did a great job on that stadium.  Congratulations.  It really looks nice.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

LOL... I was just about to post the same pictures. Great job on the stadium... would love to have something bigger but of the same type on our campus. Good luck tomorrow!!

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

****, looks great. Really makes me pine for an OCS (a little bigger tho ;) now.

I see a Bud Light sign in the Priority level, looks like it is on campus AND sells beer. #goodjob

OT - I saw the new North Texas stadium on BHSN replay the other day (they were actually playing FAU), and it looks pretty nice as well, though it wasn't very full at all.

Thanks.  Yeah, they will be selling beer, but only in the two club areas.  The regular concession stands will be soft drinks only...although one of the stands is a Chick-Fil-A, so it's a decent trade off!

Not a bad trade off, and I'm one of those people who would prefer the younger crowd from blitzing themselves til the end of the 3rd quarter anyways, so it's kinda nice that the people who pay and the older alumni will be able to drink some beer and they're usually a little better at handling themselves.

They definitely did it right. The outside doesn't look too bad on the eyes, and you don't see a ton of understructure. I think if USF followed this plan, but made the luxury boxes/press box the whole length of the home side of the field, and maybe added an upper deck on one side, they could hit 50,000 capacity easily with plenty of room to expand, and have it look nice but not break the bank.

I wouldn't be surprised if USF even studies how FAU does and takes a few notes on their stadium.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

****, looks great. Really makes me pine for an OCS (a little bigger tho ;) now.

I see a Bud Light sign in the Priority level, looks like it is on campus AND sells beer. #goodjob

OT - I saw the new North Texas stadium on BHSN replay the other day (they were actually playing FAU), and it looks pretty nice as well, though it wasn't very full at all.

Thanks.  Yeah, they will be selling beer, but only in the two club areas.  The regular concession stands will be soft drinks only...although one of the stands is a Chick-Fil-A, so it's a decent trade off!

Not a bad trade off, and I'm one of those people who would prefer the younger crowd from blitzing themselves til the end of the 3rd quarter anyways, so it's kinda nice that the people who pay and the older alumni will be able to drink some beer and they're usually a little better at handling themselves.

They definitely did it right. The outside doesn't look too bad on the eyes, and you don't see a ton of understructure. I think if USF followed this plan, but made the luxury boxes/press box the whole length of the home side of the field, and maybe added an upper deck on one side, they could hit 50,000 capacity easily with plenty of room to expand, and have it look nice but not break the bank.

I wouldn't be surprised if USF even studies how FAU does and takes a few notes on their stadium.

One thing ours will need, compared to theirs, is overhang .... Love my overhang on those day games.

• Content Count:  270

****, nice looking stadium.  One of these years, USF will crown their own jewel.

• Content Count:  31

One more picture.  The Goodyear Blimp was above campus today:

faustadiumaerialphotoaaronmurphygoodyearblimp10-14-11.jpg

• Content Count:  4,879

very nice, y'all should be proud; and remember, Beat FIU!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Really is nice

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Looks great, I'm a little jealous. I'd be happy with a 45-50k stadium similar to that one. The Palm trees are a nice touch to fill in the gaps.

Archived