• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

FAU Stadium Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

Who's going to be your first opponent in it?

Well, it was originally supposed to open last year with Michigan State, but that obviously didn't happen.  The delay in funding pushed the opening to Oct. 15th, which meant we'd open with a Sun Belt opponent, which ended up being Western Kentucky.  We would have liked a bigger name, but I'll take a very winnable game to open the stadium. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Good luck. Hope you get a sellout, and a win!

If your stadium succeeds and becomes a money-maker, we'll be that much closer to getting one of our own...

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If your stadium succeeds and becomes a money-maker, we'll be that much closer to getting one of our own...

I don't really agree with that statement.

• Content Count:  1,390

It's identical to UCF. The stadium's are very similar and the new dorms look identical to UCF's Towers set up.

• Content Count:  684

i'd say similar but not identical..... FAU isn't gonna be fully enclosed and I believe most seats will have seat-backs unlike BHNS... pretty sure that artile mentions how they used BHNS as a model.  I'm not sure on the dorms.... I'm sure they are very similar

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

usf doesnt need a stadium for 10 years or  until they win something

• Content Count:  639

I think USF will be the only D1 Public University in Florida without an on campus stadium. I do think FAU doesn't have the fanbase and corporate sponsors to jump to that capacity so quick, it will be an interesting experiment. It's a different environment down there, everyone that grows up south of Jupiter loves Miami and even their attendance is bad if they are not in National Championship contention. But looks like they are following the UCF residential model so I hope it works out for them, it can change the campus culture for the better

• Content Count:  684

I think USF will be the only D1 Public University in Florida without an on campus stadium. I do think FAU doesn't have the fanbase and corporate sponsors to jump to that capacity so quick, it will be an interesting experiment. It's a different environment down there, everyone that grows up south of Jupiter loves Miami and even their attendance is bad if they are not in National Championship contention. But looks like they are following the UCF residential model so I hope it works out for them, it can change the campus culture for the better

Yea i've been to FAU a few times having grown up around the area and campus culture is an area that they need drastic changes on...hopefully it will pay off

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think USF will be the only D1 Public University in Florida without an on campus stadium.

Based on where we play we don't need one either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

I think USF will be the only D1 Public University in Florida without an on campus stadium.

Tico, is that you?

Archived