• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

FAU Stadium Thread

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Looks better than UCF's.

I didn't know they considered building a dome, horrible idea and would have made future expansion more difficult.

Not really that bad of an idea for down there. The domed one would have held 45K so I honestly doubt there would have been a need for expansion during the life of the stadium ...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Seems silly to spend all that money when they average less than 8K fans/game....

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Looks better than UCF's.

I'd prefer an enclosed bowl, better for noise. I didn't know they considered building a dome, horrible idea and would have made future expansion more difficult. Good for them, all Universities should be playing on campus. Wonder when it will open, I think it was scheduled for this Fall several years ago but kept getting delayed.

yeah when we played them in 2007 (a week before or after we played ucf), they were saying their stadium would be done by 2009 or so, but alot of financial issues.

i think they did use the ucf design, but just enclose more of the outside for visual appeal. i would be willing to bet that ucf does some similar stuff in the next decade to fill in the backsides of the stands and solidify it some more. they'll probably do that before they expand at least. UCFs stadium filled in with the matching brick that their other buildings use will make it look really nice, almost like how Doak Campbell at FSU looks.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Looks like another erector set.

I have faith that USF is doing the right thing and we will have a real stadium in the next 15 years.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Looks better than UCF's.

I'd prefer an enclosed bowl, better for noise. I didn't know they considered building a dome, horrible idea and would have made future expansion more difficult. Good for them, all Universities should be playing on campus. Wonder when it will open, I think it was scheduled for this Fall several years ago but kept getting delayed.

i would be willing to bet that ucf does some similar stuff in the next decade to fill in the backsides of the stands and solidify it some more. they'll probably do that before they expand at least. UCFs stadium filled in with the matching brick that their other buildings use will make it look really nice, almost like how Doak Campbell at FSU looks.

I agree, I think most of our fans think UCF is following the 'DOAK model'. It is nice enough now but it will get improved through expansion in the Future, I like the tentative plans to get it to 56K w/ hopefully some more facade added to the exterior. It also helps how the Stadium sits in the Athletic Village surrounded by the Towers and other facilities so kind of hides one side of the stadium, makes it look nicer than if it sat by itself by nothing.

• Content Count:  259

Seems silly to spend all that money when they average less than 8K fans/game....

I agree 100%. FAU is more likely to drop to 1-aa than make its way up to any money conference. Their revenue projections are incredible optimistic and they are only going to play 4-5 games because they need to play 3 road money games to pay for this. I guess they figure the bank won't bother to foreclose on it when they can't meet payments.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

FAU must have a decently affluent booster/fanbase if they have those expensive suites and such, for the very little home games they have.

They might also be looking to compete with FIU as candidates to move up if/when UCF moves up to another conference, if expansion makes another go-round. If UCF leaves Conference USA, they'll be looking to fill it with another Florida school to keep its presence in this state, and FAU/FIU will be competing to take that spot (or two). FIU has a great stadium and boasts a much larger student population, but FAU might be the more successful athletic program...remains to be seen.

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

good for them

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  260

FAU needs to get a corporate sponsor for the naming rights to the new stadium.  I would like to go on record as the first to recommend they get Hooters as their sponsor. 

FAU owls, playing in Hooters stadium.  Sounds like a winner to me. ;D

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

FAU needs to get a corporate sponsor for the naming rights to the new stadium.  I would like to go on record as the first to recommend they get Hooters as their sponsor. 

FAU owls, playing in Hooters stadium.  Sounds like a winner to me. ;D

+1

Archived