• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

why should football coaches be limited in the amount of money they earn? As long as the program turns a profitt I see no problem. Now paying a womens basketball coach 100k plus a year is a joke. I doubt ticket revenue for the season comes close to that.

Pay them as much as possible...on the pro level. And the program needs money from the Boosters to pay the head coach salaries. But these college coaches need millions? Millions that could be used to fund research in medicine and alternative energy. Maybe even find a way to stop disasters like the one in the Gulf of Mexico. USF and all these other schools are increasingly putting athletics above academics. That is wrong. If the NCAA came out and capped member schools HC salaries to say, as much as the President makes, you think all these guys would quit? You think the decision on what to do on 4th down deserves a $30k/week salary? There is no limit. It is out of control and will only get worse. In 50 years, when there are no more fish in the ocean, the latest UN estimate, this will be looked upon as stupid folly. I am just ahead of the curve.   

What should be the limit? Some of these coaches lead football teams that bring in  millions of dollars to the university. Also athletics does not take money away from academics. The boosters that donate money choose to donate it to Athletics. You sound like a super liberal.

And when you and the boosters are rejected by the ACC or SEC because USF is not a tier 1 or even tier 2 university you have only yourselves to blame.

I'm sure that retort made perfect sense to you, but....

Got your airline tickets? Understand that retort?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why should football coaches be limited in the amount of money they earn? As long as the program turns a profitt I see no problem. Now paying a womens basketball coach 100k plus a year is a joke. I doubt ticket revenue for the season comes close to that.

Pay them as much as possible...on the pro level. And the program needs money from the Boosters to pay the head coach salaries. But these college coaches need millions? Millions that could be used to fund research in medicine and alternative energy. Maybe even find a way to stop disasters like the one in the Gulf of Mexico. USF and all these other schools are increasingly putting athletics above academics. That is wrong. If the NCAA came out and capped member schools HC salaries to say, as much as the President makes, you think all these guys would quit? You think the decision on what to do on 4th down deserves a $30k/week salary? There is no limit. It is out of control and will only get worse. In 50 years, when there are no more fish in the ocean, the latest UN estimate, this will be looked upon as stupid folly. I am just ahead of the curve.   

What should be the limit? Some of these coaches lead football teams that bring in  millions of dollars to the university. Also athletics does not take money away from academics. The boosters that donate money choose to donate it to Athletics. You sound like a super liberal.

And when you and the boosters are rejected by the ACC or SEC because USF is not a tier 1 or even tier 2 university you have only yourselves to blame.

It made the same amount of sense.  Maybe a little less.

It makes so much more sense then someone with zero ties to this school posting on this board.

It makes so much more sense then someone with zero ties to this school posting on this board.

What ties do you have to the school?  What is your degree from USF iin?

Well, I moved to Atlanta, didn't take the last 2 classes, accounting information systems and auditing. Wasn't changing careers anyway, making too much money in the medical field, got married with 2 step kids, and the only school USF would take credits from at the time in the Atlanta area was GSU. I went to GSU after work, just to see where it was, got a ticket, thought it was a sign from God, lol. But I can produce a transcript with tons of accounting and business classes at USF Sarasota and St. Pete campuses. Chris Dungan was the professor of the program at SRQ. He was from Louisville. Remember he was kinda upset his son was going to UL and taking classes in horse racing accounting. Professor Dungan was a sailor btw.  Once, we were in class in those 2 story buildings surrounded by those tall pines and there was a bad lightning storm going on. Dungan was telling us how he was not afraid of lightning because there was a brass plate at the bottom the of mast that directed the charge out the bottom of the boat. Immediately after he said that, the tree 5 feet from the window behind him was struck by lightning, blinding flash and blew the bark off against the tree. He jumped out of his shoes and had this look like God had heard him, lol. USF shared the campus with New College, the Honors College of Florida. They had their teachers rotate teaching classes at USF. Pretty cool, got a Koren Fullbright Scholar for my Business Calc class. He always had some interesting stories and was a great teacher. One of my advanced statistics classes was taught be video tape of the Tampa Lecture with a Master TA. Never forget how I set the campus curve on the first test with a 78. ROFLOL. The teacher, some guy USF was so thrilled to recruit from UF, was livid after the horrible test scores on all campuses. Of course he was on video tape so we all were laughing our butts off, glad we were not there to see it in person.  I had another teacher who was Iranian on the Sarasota Campus that was very interesting. That was interesting because everyone remembered the Shaw and the crazy acting Iranians from TV broadcasts. He was loyal to the Shaw and appalled at the religious fanatics as we were. Cool thing was they would have buses from the Sarasota campus to the Sun Dome for basketball games while I was there. Back then USF was in the Sunbelt Conference. I went to a couple UAB games. A ton of fun. My sister went there too after getting her BA from FSU. and was taking her Masters degree in Education at the Sarasota campus. Think she has something like a masters + 20. Said the teacher pay in H.S. was not enough to get her Ph.D.. SRQ had most of its degrees in accounting and education. So part time, while working two other jobs, for about 4 years I attended USF after transferring credits in from Manatee CC (back then Manatee Jr. College) were I got an A.S. in Radiography and an general A.A. geared toward meeting USF transfer requirements. As fate would have it, accounting kinda crashed with the Arthur Anderson debacle. They had a large office in Sarasota I was going to apply for. But I hooked up with my old girlfriend who was in Atlanta and moved in '91. I have my transcripts, requested them a couple of years ago. I think including transferred hours I have something like 180+ credit hours and a 3.38 GPA (on a scale of 4). It was hard working 60 hours a week and going to class 2-4 nights a week, especially the St. Pete. Classes, an hour each way commute.So what is your tie to USF again?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Well, I moved to Atlanta, didn't take the last 2 classes, accounting information systems and auditing. Wasn't changing careers anyway, making too much money in the medical field, got married with 2 step kids, and the only school USF would take credits from at the time in the Atlanta area was GSU. I went to GSU after work, just to see where it was, got a ticket, thought it was a sign from God, lol. But I can produce a transcript with tons of accounting and business classes at USF Sarasota and St. Pete campuses. Chris Dungan was the professor of the program at SRQ. He was from Louisville. Remember he was kinda upset his son was going to UL and taking classes in horse racing accounting. Professor Dungan was a sailor btw.  Once, we were in class in those 2 story buildings surrounded by those tall pines and there was a bad lightning storm going on. Dungan was telling us how he was not afraid of lightning because there was a brass plate at the bottom the of mast that directed the charge out the bottom of the boat. Immediately after he said that, the tree 5 feet from the window behind him was struck by lightning, blinding flash and blew the bark off against the tree. He jumped out of his shoes and had this look like God had heard him, lol. USF shared the campus with New College, the Honors College of Florida. They had their teachers rotate teaching classes at USF. Pretty cool, got a Koren Fullbright Scholar for my Business Calc class. He always had some interesting stories and was a great teacher. One of my advanced statistics classes was taught be video tape of the Tampa Lecture with a Master TA. Never forget how I set the campus curve on the first test with a 78. ROFLOL. The teacher, some guy USF was so thrilled to recruit from UF, was livid after the horrible test scores on all campuses. Of course he was on video tape so we all were laughing our butts off, glad we were not there to see it in person.  I had another teacher who was Iranian on the Sarasota Campus that was very interesting. That was interesting because everyone remembered the Shaw and the crazy acting Iranians from TV broadcasts. He was loyal to the Shaw and appalled at the religious fanatics as we were. Cool thing was they would have buses from the Sarasota campus to the Sun Dome for basketball games while I was there. Back then USF was in the Sunbelt Conference. I went to a couple UAB games. A ton of fun. My sister went there too after getting her BA from FSU. and was taking her Masters degree in Education at the Sarasota campus. SRQ had most of its degrees in accounting and education. So part time, while working two other jobs, for about 4 years I attended USF after transferring credits in from Manatee CC (back then Manatee Jr. College) were I got an A.S. in Radiography and an general A.A. geared toward meeting USF transfer requirements. As fate would have it, accounting kinda crashed with the Arthur Anderson debacle. They had a large office in Sarasota I was going to apply for. But I hooked up with my old girlfriend who was in Atlanta and moved in '91. I have my transcripts, requested them a couple of years ago. I think including transferred hours I have something like 180+ credit hours and a 3.38 GPA (on a scale of 4). It was hard working 60 hours a week and going to class 2-4 nights a week, especially the St. Pete. Classes, an hour each way commute.So what is your tie to USF again?

leavitt's roommate's friend's roommate

Well, I moved to Atlanta, didn't take the last 2 classes, accounting information systems and auditing. Wasn't changing careers anyway, making too much money in the medical field, got married with 2 step kids, and the only school USF would take credits from at the time in the Atlanta area was GSU. I went to GSU after work, just to see where it was, got a ticket, thought it was a sign from God, lol. But I can produce a transcript with tons of accounting and business classes at USF Sarasota and St. Pete campuses. Chris Dungan was the professor of the program at SRQ. He was from Louisville. Remember he was kinda upset his son was going to UL and taking classes in horse racing accounting. Professor Dungan was a sailor btw.  Once, we were in class in those 2 story buildings surrounded by those tall pines and there was a bad lightning storm going on. Dungan was telling us how he was not afraid of lightning because there was a brass plate at the bottom the of mast that directed the charge out the bottom of the boat. Immediately after he said that, the tree 5 feet from the window behind him was struck by lightning, blinding flash and blew the bark off against the tree. He jumped out of his shoes and had this look like God had heard him, lol. USF shared the campus with New College, the Honors College of Florida. They had their teachers rotate teaching classes at USF. Pretty cool, got a Koren Fullbright Scholar for my Business Calc class. He always had some interesting stories and was a great teacher. One of my advanced statistics classes was taught be video tape of the Tampa Lecture with a Master TA. Never forget how I set the campus curve on the first test with a 78. ROFLOL. The teacher, some guy USF was so thrilled to recruit from UF, was livid after the horrible test scores on all campuses. Of course he was on video tape so we all were laughing our butts off, glad we were not there to see it in person.  I had another teacher who was Iranian on the Sarasota Campus that was very interesting. That was interesting because everyone remembered the Shaw and the crazy acting Iranians from TV broadcasts. He was loyal to the Shaw and appalled at the religious fanatics as we were. Cool thing was they would have buses from the Sarasota campus to the Sun Dome for basketball games while I was there. Back then USF was in the Sunbelt Conference. I went to a couple UAB games. A ton of fun. My sister went there too after getting her BA from FSU. and was taking her Masters degree in Education at the Sarasota campus. SRQ had most of its degrees in accounting and education. So part time, while working two other jobs, for about 4 years I attended USF after transferring credits in from Manatee CC (back then Manatee Jr. College) were I got an A.S. in Radiography and an general A.A. geared toward meeting USF transfer requirements. As fate would have it, accounting kinda crashed with the Arthur Anderson debacle. They had a large office in Sarasota I was going to apply for. But I hooked up with my old girlfriend who was in Atlanta and moved in '91. I have my transcripts, requested them a couple of years ago. I think including transferred hours I have something like 180+ credit hours and a 3.38 GPA (on a scale of 4). It was hard working 60 hours a week and going to class 2-4 nights a week, especially the St. Pete. Classes, an hour each way commute.So what is your tie to USF again?

Roflol. I still think he's Leavitt.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Roflol. I still think he's Leavitt.

that would be hilarious

So the non-rambling short version is you live outside the State of Florida just as I do and you have never attended class in Tampa, just as I never have?

By the way, Scooter, this is an Internet sports message board, not a USF Alumni function.

BTW Radio, USF is a multi-campus commuter school. You apparently don't even know that. Would you drive 100 miles round trip to take the same class offered in Sarasota? I've been to the Tampa campus.  Research at the library for classes in Sarasota and to get text books only available at the Tampa book store. I have USF transcripts.  Do you? Who do you think the USF boosters are? People who like the color green or alumni?  USF alumi number in the hundreds of thousands and you aren't one, that is for sure. 

You might want to do some research on the school since you post here so much.

http://www.usf.edu/About-USF/

996.jpg

Let me help you out further, I know how you get confused. I am a second generation Floridian no matter where I live. And I don't know if you went to Missouri or not but some universities, unlike Missouri,  have multiple campuses and all campuses are considered part of the main school. Examples are Arizona State , UConn, Michigan. You think students at UM-Flint don't root for the Wolverines? ROFLOL Now, I do see that USF-Florida is seeking separate partition by 2011 to have their own accreditation, but they will still be a part of the USF system.  But when I went, it was another campus, like St. Pete and Lakeland. Looks like St. Pete has separate accreditation now too, but still part of the system.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Florida

So the non-rambling short version is you live outside the State of Florida just as I do and you have never attended class in Tampa, just as I never have?

By the way, Scooter, this is an Internet sports message board, not a USF Alumni function.

BTW Radio, USF is a multi-campus commuter school. You apparently don't even know that. Would you drive 100 miles round trip to take the same class offered in Sarasota? I've been to the Tampa campus.  Research at the library for classes in Sarasota and to get text books only available at the Tampa book store. I have USF transcripts.  Do you? Who do you think the USF boosters are? People who like the color green or alumni?  USF alumi number in the hundreds of thousands and you aren't one, that is for sure. 

996.jpg

Scooter...It's that way in almost all state universities with multiple campuses.  You apparently didn't even know that.

I've been to the Tampa campus and the book store, too.  I've been to USF Football games.

Yeah, that equals paying tuition and books and attending classes for 4 years. What school is on your transcripts again? Mine say USF.  And you are the one that acts like not attending the Tampa campus equates to not being USF alumni. Radio, there wasn't a football team in 1986 or 91 when I moved. You apparently didn't even realize that.

996.jpg

Scooter...It's that way in almost all state universities with multiple campuses.  You apparently didn't even know that.

I've been to the Tampa campus and the book store, too.  I've been to USF Football games.

Yeah, that equals paying tuition and books and attending classes for 4 years. What school is on your transcripts again? Mine say USF.  And you are the one that acts like not attending the Tampa campus equates to not being USF alumni. Radio, there wasn't a football team in 1986 or 91 when I moved. You apparently didn't even realize that.

In the University of Missouri system besides the flagship campus in Columbia  we have the University of Missouri-St Louis, the University of Missouri-Kansas City and we did have the University of Missouri-Rolla but those guys were a bunch of slide rule geeks and they changed their name to something I can't even remember.  None of those schools are Mizzou and they do their own things in the way of sports.  We joke about UMSL standing for University of Missouri for Slow Learners.  So what could we call USFS?

Again, Scooter, this a sports message board and you simply have no more say or authority than I do jsut because you attended some night classes at a satellite campus.

Radio, your only interest here is to defend the honor of your boy/self, insulting anyone who doubts his/your virtue. You could care less if any USF team wins a game, much less a championship. I am an alumni and am proud of USF. You hate USF. You, by definition, are a Troll. I'll stop feeding you, maybe others will too.

996.jpg

In the University of Missouri system besides the flagship campus in Columbia  we have the University of Missouri-St Louis, the University of Missouri-Kansas City and we did have the University of Missouri-Rolla but those guys were a bunch of slide rule geeks and they changed their name to something I can't even remember.  None of those schools are Mizzou and they do their own things in the way of sports.  We joke about UMSL standing for University of Missouri for Slow Learners.  So what could we call USFS?

Again, Scooter, this a sports message board and you simply have no more say or authority than I do jsut because you attended some night classes at a satellite campus.

Radio, your only interest here is to defend the honor of your boy/self, insulting anyone who doubts his/your virtue. You could care less if any USF team wins a game, much less a championship. I am an alumni and am proud of USF. You hate USF. You, by definition, are a Troll. I'll stop feeding you, maybe others will too.

Right back atcha, Scooter...

Your only interest here is to hate on Jim Leavitt because he worked hard, acheived and finally started making close to the going rate of pay for top football coaches.  A lot of great football minds across the country believe that to be the case, so forgive me if I take the word of Mal Moore at Alabama, Bill Snyder at Kansas State or Dr Tom Osborne at Nebraska over your wild *** rants and personal attacks on people that disagree with you.  You are a big time message board troll.

please-do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Archived