• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Not About The Money

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

When's the last time he said it wasn't about the money?

When his plan after being fired was to get the job back. He said how much he made coming to USF and how it was never about the money, it was about the job. Now its just get the contract money.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me more about coming out of the closet. lol

Er .... why are you so curious about it? ...... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I was just kidding.

I was in a friend's step-father's house 25 years ago that had his and her closets that big in the Longboat Key Club. Her step-dad made his money in the stock market over decades. It was only 2 bedrooms in the top of the house. Had a giant pool surrounded by a jungle and the bottom was painted black to make it look like a lagoon. On one end of the pool, there was a jacuzzi with a waterfall down into the pool. That was the top floor. The 1st floor had totally separate living quarters, like an upscale condo It even had an elevator. The top, main living area had real, full size palm trees inside the house. So I have been in a home better then Leavitt's. This cost 2-3 million to build in the early 80's. We have houses here that we have toured that go for 500 and 750k with huge closets that would got for double to triple that down there, on "estate" size lots. So yeah, I have seen homes like that.

But its way overboard. Salaries like that, in today's economy. They just cut 600 teaches from the county school system. here Its just getting to the point where all that money needs to go somewhere else. Not into some coach's mansion, car and wardrobe. And when he's fired, wants millions more.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,449

why should football coaches be limited in the amount of money they earn? As long as the program turns a profitt I see no problem. Now paying a womens basketball coach 100k plus a year is a joke. I doubt ticket revenue for the season comes close to that.

why should football coaches be limited in the amount of money they earn? As long as the program turns a profitt I see no problem. Now paying a womens basketball coach 100k plus a year is a joke. I doubt ticket revenue for the season comes close to that.

Pay them as much as possible...on the pro level. And the program needs money from the Boosters to pay the head coach salaries. But these college coaches need millions? Millions that could be used to fund research in medicine and alternative energy. Maybe even find a way to stop disasters like the one in the Gulf of Mexico. USF and all these other schools are increasingly putting athletics above academics. That is wrong. If the NCAA came out and capped member schools HC salaries to say, as much as the President makes, you think all these guys would quit? You think the decision on what to do on 4th down deserves a $30k/week salary? There is no limit. It is out of control and will only get worse. In 50 years, when there are no more fish in the ocean, the latest UN estimate, this will be looked upon as stupid folly. I am just ahead of the curve. 

• Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

Wow slick you are ahead of the curve. Why don't you run for office. You seem to have all the answers about everything including CJL. Ever met him? ever talk to him? Did some high school coach piss you off when you were little. Why don't you move on and get over it.

Wow slick you are ahead of the curve. Why don't you run for office. You seem to have all the answers about everything including CJL. Ever met him? ever talk to him? Did some high school coach **** you off when you were little. Why don't you move on and get over it.

Ever meet **** Nixon? Ted Bundy? Its JL or FECJL (Fired Ex Coach JL). Did he sign an autograph for you and now he's your hero? Did he have you in a role of submission and now you just have a man crush on him? I've been here for awhile bud, why don't you move on and peel your lips off your JL poster while you're at it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,449

Pay them as much as possible...on the pro level. And the program needs money from the Boosters to pay the head coach salaries. But these college coaches need millions? Millions that could be used to fund research in medicine and alternative energy. Maybe even find a way to stop disasters like the one in the Gulf of Mexico. USF and all these other schools are increasingly putting athletics above academics. That is wrong. If the NCAA came out and capped member schools HC salaries to say, as much as the President makes, you think all these guys would quit? You think the decision on what to do on 4th down deserves a $30k/week salary? There is no limit. It is out of control and will only get worse. In 50 years, when there are no more fish in the ocean, the latest UN estimate, this will be looked upon as stupid folly. I am just ahead of the curve.   

What should be the limit? Some of these coaches lead football teams that bring in  millions of dollars to the university. Also athletics does not take money away from academics. The boosters that donate money choose to donate it to Athletics. You sound like a super liberal.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The sad truth is it isn't USF and other schools, it is alumni.  We can't blame academic administrations for doing what boosters tell them to.  If you look at the donations [sic] to the athletic association, they far outpace any donations to cutting edge research of academics.  I say [sic] because we all realize these are donations in name only.  Many fans make them just so they are able to buy tickets.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

shame he has been selling it all ;/

i'd love to fill up a closet like that

What should be the limit? Some of these coaches lead football teams that bring in  millions of dollars to the university. Also athletics does not take money away from academics. The boosters that donate money choose to donate it to Athletics. You sound like a super liberal.

And when you and the boosters are rejected by the ACC or SEC because USF is not a tier 1 or even tier 2 university you have only yourselves to blame.

Archived