• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will a 16 team Big Ten do to College Football?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think people are blowing this way out of proportion. This all will be a long slow process that will not happen in the course of one or 2 seasons like ACC expansion. The Big Ten has it's network and the SEC already has its big deal with ESPN/ABC. Those 2 conference won't need to do anything. The Big 12, Pac-10, ACC and whomever is left in the Big East would probably like to have those types of TV deals but there is not such a lucrative contract available. They will have to try to have to figure out how to get by in this new college football landscape where the Big Ten and SEC athletic departments are bringing in $25+ million a year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

16 team conferences will effectively dilute college football. i almost feel like putting on my tinfoil hat and calling conspiracy against the blue bloods trying to use the 16 team method as a front to try and relegate the big money perennial schools to being the only people making BCS games.

if you think about it, being in an 8 team division means you have a 1/16 chance of winning the conference and making some sort of title game, which makes it harder for alot of schools to get past the big schools who reload and are always really good year in and year out. we'll basically see Florida, USC, Ohio State in title games almost every year.

16 team conferences will IMO be the death of CFB. greed will kill it.

Archived