• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jones may want to reconsider after the past week

usfbullcpa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

After this "stunning" performance by the Big East in the NCAA tourney Do Jo may just want to reconsider his run to the NBA.  It may be that his mad skills were not quite as mad as we believed just because he was lighting up the Big East.  Apparently, just about anyone can light it up against our conference this year.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

After this "stunning" performance by the Big East in the NCAA tourney Do Jo may just want to reconsider his run to the NBA.  It may be that his mad skills were not quite as mad as we believed just because he was lighting up the Big East.  Apparently, just about anyone can light it up against our conference this year.

It was ugly, But the BE is still one of the most talented conferences in the nation-- from top to bottom from starter to benchwarmer.

I think the bigger problem for the BE in the tourney's this year  is how awful the refereeing has been in the tournament.  Watch Syracuse last night, and it was almost ridiculous how the refs go out of their way to be so even but forget about being 'fair'....if Butler set one more moving screen without a foul, or if they grabbed Ricky Jackson's or Wesley's Johnson's jersey any more those guys would have been playing skins on the court.  He can't come up behind a player and set a blind screen without establishing position.  Butler kept doing it, and doing it.  Everyone marveled at how they were breaking the zone by dribble penetrating, yeah it was because they're cutter would come right up behind the Cuse guard, and the driver used him as a pick at the split second he arrived to set...before backside help could come.  Never establishing position, and in some cases 'hooking' the Cuse player if they were getting by...just pathetic.

The problem this year is most of the BE teams were young overall talent wise...and they played a bit to much 'pick-up' basketball expecting the foul to be called.  Last night Wesley Johnson grabbed a lob in the 2nd half the third one he caught in the game where the PG jumped it up to him in the low post...he was fouled on the catch (no call), he then went up and was fouled AGAIN, missed it because he tried a fancy finger roll but missed because of how much body he was getting....he then stood their for a second looking around for the whistle....a whistle that would have easily been blown in a BE game.  NONE!  By the time Wesley had realized he was getting no mercy Butler was already down the court.  I saw Greg Monroe, Marquette, and ND all get victimized like that. 

It's almost like the NCAA tells refs not to blow the whistles much to see what happens, or only blow the whistles equally.  It's really ugly and unfair.  The same crap happened for KU....if I had a nickel for how many times Sherron Collins was hand-checked driving the basketball against NIU I'd be rich after the game.  It was like running a tackling drill in college for a RB.  I bet KU's RB's saw less contact in most games then Collins had against NIU...nothing!  So if you're NIU why stop hand checking, and grabbing until the refs call it.

This year has been particularly pathetic and offensive with the refereeing.  Take the Gonzaga v. Syracuse game.  I recognize Cuse was blowing them away, but Gonzaga is a team that can hit 4 straight treys and get back in a game...not to mention some of their fouls in the final 10 minutes were so heinous and unfair, that didn't get whistles.  WHY?  That' not right what if a kid got hurt.  Look at the Kentucky Cornell game last night.  In the middle of the 2nd half the Cornell kid had a flagrant foul against Cousins....just after a three by Cornell to cut the lead to 9....it was so obvious to be an intentional foul that even Jay Bilas was appalled by the no-call.  It should have been 2 shots and the ball for KU, and honestly the kid was razor thin from being ejected for that move.  But it was like the refs wanted to keep the game competitive...i.e. if we eject Cornell's best player they're toast....it can't be about competitiveness it should be about what's fair and accurate.

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

if he can get drafted and make money he should go

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,796
  • Days Won:  29

He can make money in Europe, but he "could" improve his status and make MAD money in the NBA next year.

• Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  3

The Big East was fine this year. It still had the most talent overall but it's top teams weren't as good as usual.

Archived