• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dominique Jones leaving early???

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

I like Chucky Atkins.  He's in what his 9th or 10th season in the league?

Dominique is much better and bigger than Chucky.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

The only way DJ goes NBA is if he gets some bad advice from some agent.  Yes he is a great college player and talent at this level, but the NBA is a whole different story.  He is not fast enough or a good enough dribbler to play point.  He isn't consistent enough or able to create his own outside shot since he has such  a long time lapse in his release point.  He is strong and a scorer but that isn't first round NBA.  He would be much better off getting USF to the tourney and making a big splash in front of the millions that would see him play then.  that is when kids NBA stock really goes up.  Next year we are looking like a real NCAA tourney team and thats his best path to the NBA.  I'm not saying this just because I want to go back to the dance for the first time in almost 20 yrs.  I'm saying this because that is what I feel would give him the best chance of making the most money and playing possibly in the NBA.  I just don't see him ever having a true position in the NBA.  Look at players like Harengody, Downey(SC), Hazell, Wall, Bledsoe, W. Johnson just to name a few.  DJ is good but your guys are making him out to be the greatest ever.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You guys are crazy, this isn't the NFL, if it looks like he has a shot he should take it. Hundreds of college players have gone from draftable to undrafted because of one year.

Damien Wilkins

Ron Dupree

Brett Nelson

All come to mind as guys who were projected first rounders but passed up the draft

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

He'll be a Solomon Jones type in the NBA, 10th man off the bench.  He's not quick or a good enough passer to be a PG and not athletic enough to create his own shot as a SG in the league. 

agree about the PG comment but I think he has "it" when it comes to being an offensive player in the NBA.  MAtt made a pretty good comparison in Josh Howard, I would like to say he can be more a Rodney Stuckey or Marquis Daniels type offensive player. 

Open floor he is strong and has that confident drive and ball control that is absolutely nba ready.  I think he is going to surprise a lot of people outside of USF.  Of course USF fans thought Kentrall Gransberry was going to be the next Shaq, but I like to stay level headed and think we will be hearing from jones for some years.  nbadraft.net has him going #21.  Been following that site for years, its been pretty accurate.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are crazy, this isn't the NFL, if it looks like he has a shot he should take it. Hundreds of college players have gone from draftable to undrafted because of one year.

Damien Wilkins

Ron Dupree

Brett Nelson

All come to mind as guys who were projected first rounders but passed up the draft

yes but if you happen to get drafted in the 2nd round you arn't guaranteed a contract

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

But you're guarenteed a shot at camp. As long as he doesn't go to complete crap he's gone.

We're just not used to glthese types of players at USF

• Content Count:  113
  • Days Won:  0

The NBA is headed for lockout when the current CBA expires in 2011 so that's definitely going to play into DoJo's decision.

Honestly, I think he should go. If he stays one more year at USF there's a good chance he'll be 24 before he plays his first professional basketball game and GM's in the NBA generally seem to draft younger.

I think he can have a solid career in the L. He's probably somewhere between Randy Foye and Dwayne Wade (although much closer to Foye). Definitely if he can get that guaranteed first round money he should go for it.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He's not quick or a good enough passer to be a PG and not athletic enough to create his own shot as a SG in the league.

What games have you been watching?

USF COLLEGE basketball games.  Have you ever watched the NBA?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

Of course USF fans thought Kentrall Gransberry was going to be the next Shaq...

Ari and Bruce?

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Of course USF fans thought Kentrall Gransberry was going to be the next Shaq...

Ari and Bruce?

Im pretty sure I always thought KG wasnt making it into the NBA.

Ari is a Bi polar fan, cant speak for him. 

Archived