• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Dominique Jones leaving early???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

If you know Jones or anyone that does, you have to do some begging to get him to come back for his senior year.  This guy is going to lead the big east in scoring and has a real good shot to leave early.  I think it would be a terrible mistake, but you never know with these guys.  Can you imagine next year

Crater

Jones

Gilchrist

Anderson

Famous

There is no way that team does not make it to the big dance, I know I cant believe those words are coming out of my mouth.  I think we can make a decent run in the NIT this year and then go dancing next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE SHOW UP TO THE GAMES

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

DoJo will have a decision to make.  I'm not sure if he'd be a first round pick, but I don't know Jack about NBA talent evaluation.

If he's a Top 15 pick, though, he should go.  He needs to look out for himself more than USF, and turning down millions isn't usually a great idea.  In the long run, having players leave early should benefit the recruiting process anyway.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

it's a toughie. if he has a chance to go pretty high, he will. it will be good for him, and it will be good for usf. heath can use it as a recruiting tool.

i don't know much about nba scouting, but i want to say it's not the same as football. i don't think you can hurt draft stock as much with basketball as you can with football, which is why you see alot of guys returning for their senior seasons.

if he stays, and the other talent here and coming in, usf could have a good chance of doing even better next year because some of the other big east teams are going to lose some big talent, and it might level off a little bit and allow some parity.

• Content Count:  42

It will be bad for USF if he leaves, the only good thing would be to make the dance so kids think they can play in the tourney if they come here.  we have never had that!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I hope Jones stays but I think he should go if he is sure he'll be a first-round pick — first rounders get guaranteed contracts, second-rounders do not.

Regardless, I hope the GREAT progress this team has shown this year can be maintained after Jones leaves, whether it's next year or the year after.

• Content Count:  2,016

Actually USF has gone to the big dance twice, lost in first round both times.

If DoJo is first 15 he is gone.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Yes I too would forego millions to come back and play in front of 3500 zombies for a University and fans that gives less than 2 cents about bball. 

Sometimes we think we know what's best for others when we have a vested interest in what they do. 

• Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  2

Dojo has had an excessively hot 3 games, and if he plays the rest of the season like this, we will win alot of games and probably make the NCAA Tourny.  If that happens, sure he might go.  The thing that may have a big affect on his stats the rest of the season is Gus coming back.  He wont be counted on to score and rebound as much as he is now.  The team will be better off, but he may suffer from an individual point of view.  I think he could also benefit from a year of strictly playing the point, without Howard to get in his way. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If he keeps playing at this high level he has to enter the draft. He has had 3 perfect games. Can he have 9 more? If he averages 25ppg 8 apg and 6 rpg for those last 9 he is a lock for the first round. A couple of highlight reels dunks won't hurt his stock either.

• Content Count:  154

Actually USF has gone to the big dance twice, lost in first round both times.

Just out of curiosity, which teams did we lose to in those games? I'm really interested in USF basketball history but it seems like there is hardly anything out there (even online) about it.

As for Dominique, I love the guy. He has to be the best basketball player to ever play here. But you know what? He really hasn't had any of those huge efforts against major competition. I mean, we've knocked off a few good teams here and there, and obviously he has led us to get those W's, but I just think there are a lot of players out there at better schools who will have a better chance in the draft. I think it really depends on where a guy plays and USF doesn't have the big name recognition.

I heard an interview with Dominique after the Pitt game and he said he wants to go out a winner here at USF. He joked that he will stick around until this team wins, even if he has to beg for another year or two of eligibility. Take it for what it's worth. I have a hunch he'll be back next year when this team could really do some big things.

Archived