• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"cause the good news is - you're fired...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

The bad news is - you've got, all of you've got just one week to regain your jobs starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's sit. Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. "Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got leads. Mitch and Murray paid good money, get their names to sell them. you can't close the leads youre given you can't close ****. You ARE ****. Hit the bricks pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT."

Sorry gang I figured I'd bring a little humor to the situation with our beloved CJL. I couldn't help but think of the first piece of dialouge when I heard Coach was asking for his job back.

I posted the rest because because we all have jobs that we want to keep but in the end we are expected to produce. I'm of the opinion that CJL should have openly lost his job for lack of production. He had control of the program, a BCS conference, florida recruits and the best fans in the world and he couldn't produce, let alone just keep his hands to himself. It's just unfortunate that he couldn't leave a legacy on better terms.

Get back to me when USF has the name, prestige, tradition, facilities and football budget that Florida, Florida State, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, LSU, Alabama...Need I go on?  It's astounding you think USF belongs in that elite group after only a few years of football.

mmm... I don't think I wrote that but apparently you read it somwhere between the lines. All I'm saying is he had the opportunity and created it yet he couldn't control it...?

Then perhaps you could 'splain this to me, Lucy...

I posted the rest because because we all have jobs that we want to keep but in the end we are expected to produce. I'm of the opinion that CJL should have openly lost his job for lack of production. He had control of the program, a BCS conference, florida recruits and the best fans in the world and he couldn't produce, let alone just keep his hands to himself. It's just unfortunate that he couldn't leave a legacy on better terms.

He couldn't produce?  Exactly what could he not produce?

Well for one he didn't produce a Big East Title in years that I believe was his to lose

But more importantly he couldn't find a way to produce a productive coaching philosophy. He clearly understood the business of football and what it was going to take to put USF on the map. However, it was a constant repeat of the same mistakes in the last 3 years.

You never had to look further than the sideline to understand why this team was a roller coaster year in and year out. Poise was not a behavior he was able to produce and that cost him his job in the end.

It's unfortunate and i'm not happy about it I always thought he was going to be our Bowden or Paterno

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

brian kelly won it in two years, now two years in a row.  now while dont you tell us how great cinci is and how we should temper our expectations

The bad news is - you've got, all of you've got just one week to regain your jobs starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's sit. Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. "Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got leads. Mitch and Murray paid good money, get their names to sell them. you can't close the leads youre given you can't close ****. You ARE ****. Hit the bricks pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT."

Sorry gang I figured I'd bring a little humor to the situation with our beloved CJL. I couldn't help but think of the first piece of dialouge when I heard Coach was asking for his job back.

Get back to me when USF has the name, prestige, tradition, facilities and football budget that Florida, Florida State, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, LSU, Alabama...Need I go on?  It's astounding you think USF belongs in that elite group after only a few years of football.

mmm... I don't think I wrote that but apparently you read it somwhere between the lines. All I'm saying is he had the opportunity and created it yet he couldn't control it...?

Well for one he didn't produce a Big East Title in years that I believe was his to lose

But more importantly he couldn't find a way to produce a productive coaching philosophy. He clearly understood the business of football and what it was going to take to put USF on the map. However, it was a constant repeat of the same mistakes in the last 3 years.

You never had to look further than the sideline to understand why this team was a roller coaster year in and year out. Poise was not a behavior he was able to produce and that cost him his job in the end.

It's unfortunate and i'm not happy about it I always thought he was going to be our Bowden or Paterno

So your expectations were that USF should win the Big East immediately?  How many years has USF been a D1 program and how many years in the Big East?  How often should USF win the conference?

You apparently enjoy reading everything that I don't write. I never listed an expectation you just assume I have one. I'm looking at what we had the last 3 years and formulating an opinion.

Time to put a question in your lap because I'm not reading much of what you have to say. Do you think Leavitt made the most of his opportunity and explain. Also, once he had things in place did he throw that opportunity away?

Other potential coaches are calling this gig a gold mine. Did Leavitt over indulge himself?

Not to venture from the original analogy...

Leavitt had the good leads, the GLenGary Leads

• Content Count:  4,738

obligatory

obligatory

Ilove it ;D how long before Bulliver takes this video off for the foul language

I posted the rest because because we all have jobs that we want to keep but in the end we are expected to produce. I'm of the opinion that CJL should have openly lost his job for lack of production. He had control of the program, a BCS conference, Florida recruits and the best fans in the world and he couldn't produce, let alone just keep his hands to himself. It's just unfortunate that he couldn't leave a legacy on better terms.

mmm... I don't think I wrote that but apparently you read it somewhere between the lines. All I'm saying is he had the opportunity and created it yet he couldn't control it...?

So your expectations were that USF should win the Big East immediately?  How many years has USF been a D1 program and how many years in the Big East?  How often should USF win the conference?

You apparently enjoy reading everything that I don't write. I never listed an expectation you just assume I have one. I'm looking at what we had the last 3 years and formulating an opinion.

Time to put a question in your lap because I'm not reading much of what you have to say. Do you think Leavitt made the most of his opportunity and explain. Also, once he had things in place did he throw that opportunity away?

Other potential coaches are calling this gig a gold mine. Did Leavitt over indulge himself?

Well, I think you have framed up a couple of "Do you still beat your wife questions" but I'll do my best to answer them.

What Leavitt accomplished at USF is unprecedented.  That means it's never been done before so yes, he did make the most of the opportunity and would have done much more if Woolard and Genshaft hadn't screwed the pooch.

Brian Kelly took over a bowl bound team and coached someone else's players for those two years.  Then he bolted for Notre Dame before the season was over.  Jim Leavitt didn't have that luxury.  So, do you really want a coach like Kelly that would use USF as stepping stone to an elite school?

Do you have a link to these "other potential coaches" that say USF is a "gold mine?"  I'd like to see who is saying that and what context.  And if USF is truly is a "gold mine" then who would be responsible for making it a "gold mine?"

I don't know what you mean by over indulge himself.  Perhaps you could be more specific?

I understand what Leavitt did and I agree it is unprecedented. I would also say his actions are unprecedented in relation to all he has accomplished.

Why ruin all your hard work with reactions? Maybe he did think he was the most powerful being? He over indulged himself in the moment not thinking about consequence for his actions or he was thinking he was going to get away with it if he did get caught.

In reference to the gold mine you once again are taking my words out of context you quoted it not me. Help yourself to google and find all the coaches that are excited about the prospect of coming to USF to coach this program.

Mizzou,

You keeping making assumptions about what I'm writing and now you are making assumptions about my experience with Leavitt. No need to defend myself but I've met Leavitt on more than one occasion. I don't know you therefore you will not be prevy to know who I am and my experiences over the past decade at with USF.

All of me wanted the investigation to come back clearing his name 100% yet it didn't, in fact things came back worse than I thought they would. That is why I reserved comment and judgment until now, unlike many on this board who didn't know anything yet pretended like they did. I'm frustrated because I can't picture the football program without him.

I must keep saying something that is hitting a nerve with you yet I can't figure out what it is. Maybe you are starting to see things my way here and that is okay.

No back peddling on my end i never quoted the phrase gold mine, You quoted me though. Coaches have come out and said this is a huge opportunity to coach this program hence I para phrase GOLD MINE. It's a phrase that helps the point being made about opportunity, hard work, greed and then catastrophe. You live in that Gold Mine and become what you think is the KING of it, you will die in it...

Is there something I'm missing still that you need to clarify for you berofre bedtime?

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Sorry but most people are of the opinion that JL didn't get the job done and lost control of the team.  And it's not just fans.  The national media clowned him.  Chris Fowler and his crew clowned him.  His teams were unhdisciplined as was he.  None of your female like passive aggressive remarks are gonna change that perception among those who believe the above. 

Archived