• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thorough Report?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

From Woolard's letter:

“The disparity in authority and power between you as the head coach and the student athlete makes your conduct more serious.â€

Anyone with any management training understands this is rule #1.  Abuse of power is about the worst thing you can do as someone in authority.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Dixie,

the player you speak of "suggested that the reviewers speak to other teammates who may have directly witnessed the encounter"

they did a pretty thorough report. 

why not interview everyone who was in the room?

They interviewed the people that could SEE what happened based on who Miller said were around him. Read the report!!!!

Then why interview Colby?

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

They interviewed hearsay witnesses too. Something you don't get in a courtroom, but here, its shows that Miller went around telling people initially about the attack and once it got big, he went to the "I don't want to talk about it mode", meaning he didn't want it blown out of proportion.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Dixie,

the player you speak of "suggested that the reviewers speak to other teammates who may have directly witnessed the encounter"

they did a pretty thorough report. 

why not interview everyone who was in the room?

I'm pretty sure that Colby was one of the players that Miller said knew what happened.  Miller said nothing happened, then gave the investigators the names of the people Miller had complained about the incident to.  Is that odd?  Or was that a scared and confused kid?  Maybe we'll find out when the lawsuits start flying.

They interviewed the people that could SEE what happened based on who Miller said were around him. Read the report!!!!

Then why interview Colby?

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

This report seems to be more of a case against Leavitt then a report of facts. 

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Like Leach at TT, the "issue" is a convenient pretext for getting rid of a coach without having to pay the buyout. It's not a new thing, btw.

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?" Henry II, speaking of Thomas Becket, winter 1170

I agree with this.

Finding #10 from the review seems to be proof of it... 

Should it matter that coach's statements to the reviewers are in conflict with what he said to the press?  So what if he gave a non-candid response to the press.

Should it matter that coach's statements to the reviewers are in conflict with what Miller said to ESPN?  No one is obligated to be forthcoming to the media.

It seems like this "finding" was added to the review in order to bolster the case for the firing.  I would think that this type of thing would be discarded or ignored during an objective investigation.

He may have crossed the line regardless, but this smells like a witch hunt…just so happens that there was actually a real witch in this case.(allegedly)

Archived