• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Interesting post on the FSU board

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,263
  • Days Won:  10

The best coach in the state, college or pro, is in Tampa

Leavitt continues to do more with less than just about anybody else, except maybe Jim Grobe & the guy at Boise. We need to get our hands on this guy before he becomes a lifer at USF. He's what Bobby Bowden was to FSU during the eighties. I've only been saying this for the past six or seven years--I've never understood all the hoopla over Jimbo. Sure Jimbo is an above average coach, but he's not the caliber of Leavitt, who continues to win despite losing assistant coach after assistant coach every year.

It goes on from there.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1079&tid=126547725&mid=126547725&sid=1061&style=2

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The best coach in the state, college or pro, is in Tampa

We need to get our hands on this guy before he becomes a lifer at USF.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1079&tid=126547725&mid=126547725&sid=1061&style=2

:ROFLMAO Heard that one from them after we beat them.  :tongue TOO LATE!

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I love the respect they're giving our coach, but I'm about 99% sure Leavitt is a USF coach until he retires.

He has too much family/friends and roots in the area to leave.

• Content Count:  34

I love the respect they're giving our coach, but I'm about 99% sure Leavitt is a USF coach until he retires.

He has too much family/friends and roots in the area to leave.

Not to mention this program is pretty much his baby.

• Content Count:  118

And USF has showen Leavitt the money!  Hopefully after this season he will "earn" a additional raise!  (Conference Title)

• Content Count:  5,241

They're stuck with Jimbo Fisher unless the cough up several million in the next year or 2 anyways

• Content Count:  32

If they made a pass at CJL I would not be surprised; regardless of what they'd have to pay out to get him. Their pockets are deep and their tradition, over 100 years old, is incredibly tarnished. This might have been on their fan blog and not an official commentary but there may be some traction to it.

My son is at FSU, has some friends on the team. This year I get the bragging rights! He could barely speak to me the Sunday after the game, but he needed money so he got over himself. He has been saying for 2 seasons that among players he knows and on campus there's a lot of talk that Jimbo was a mistake and not the coach they expected. They say this win or lose so...

• Content Count:  198

over a 100 years old? There football program didn't really start unitl Bowden was hired in the late seventies. They were on the verge of shutting it down. Most of their "tradition" has come in the last 30 years. I had season tickets in the mid seventies and a win over Memphis or Tulsa was cause for celebration. If it wasn't for our first president and his no athletic mentalilly things would appear quite differently. In the world of college football FSU isn't that old. - just real succesfull

Archived