• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you USF and FANS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think there is enough thanks in this world for what that young man has done for this university and this team. I offer my thanks to him.

• Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Matt was such a pleasure to watch.  Like CJL would always say--"Matt is just so competitive."  I always felt that he could bring us a win when the game was on the line.  I was so proud as an alumni to see what he helped USF accomplish.  I am still upset about his injury and will miss watching him play for the BULLS, but feel that his future is very bright.  Thank You #8.  I wish you nothing but success.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks to Matt as he helped put us on the map in our short football history. He has been an amazing player for us, and i hope he continues to contribute as much as he can to our success. I will miss seeing him on Saturdays running for huge gains and making people miss. I will never forget watching him in the two bowl victories. He has forever left his mark on this program and will always be welcomed at USF with open arms and many bulls signs! Get well Matt!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

As others have said, words cant describe...

Matt has given us so many memories. I hope he truly had as much fun playing in the green and gold as we had watching him.

You have raised a good man.

If Matt wants to get into coaching push him to a school other than USF. He needs to go out and work under some other coaches so that he can come back home one day and take the helm for the Bulls.

It has truly been a pleasure having Matt as part of this team, and on senior day, I think the Bulls fans will be able to show our appreciation for all he did. USF better plan for a long break between senior day festivities and kickoff.

• Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Flip,

A funny note-  My son is 3 1/2 yrs old.  I recorded the Kansas game from last year on my DVR.  My son watched that game every day over the summer.  He would always talk about Matt Grothe this and Matt Grothe that.  I think he mostly remembered the announcers calling Matt's name so much.  Well my son went through an 6 month stretch after last season where wore only one shirt all day and night.  We couldn't get it off him except to bathe him.  After his bath, he would cry if we didn't put the shirt back on him.  My wife and I had a routine, one of us bathed him the other hand-washed the shirt and threw it in the dryer.  Well the shirt was a #8 USF jersey-- his "Matt Grothe shirt".  Sadly, it doesn't fit him anymore.  I am now shopping for a replacement. 

Last Saturday I took him to the game.  It was his first game since he was an infant.  He was ecstatic.  I showed him who Matt Grothe was and he has never been so excited. 

I can't tell you how much respect I have for Matt and appreciate all he has done for USF and Tampa. 

Please let Matt know that we appreciate him so much.  He has been a surprisingly big part of my son's life. 

Thanks very much to you and to Matt.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Flip,

A funny note-  My son is 3 1/2 yrs old.  I recorded the Kansas game from last year on my DVR.  My son watched that game every day over the summer.  He would always talk about Matt Grothe this and Matt Grothe that.  I think he mostly remembered the announcers calling Matt's name so much.  Well my son went through an 6 month stretch after last season where wore only one shirt all day and night.  We couldn't get it off him except to bathe him.  After his bath, he would cry if we didn't put the shirt back on him.  My wife and I had a routine, one of us bathed him the other hand-washed the shirt and threw it in the dryer.  Well the shirt was a #8 USF jersey-- his "Matt Grothe shirt".  Sadly, it doesn't fit him anymore.  I am now shopping for a replacement. 

Last Saturday I took him to the game.  It was his first game since he was an infant.   He was ecstatic.  I showed him who Matt Grothe was and he has never been so excited. 

I can't tell you how much respect I have for Matt and appreciate all he has done for USF and Tampa. 

Please let Matt know that we appreciate him so much.  He has been a surprisingly big part of my son's life. 

Thanks very much to you and to Matt.

That is a great story!

Archived