• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you USF and FANS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for all the support that has been given to Matt and our family, the phone calls texts and personal "thank yous". We bleed green and gold and will continue to support the BULLS and cheer for the team. The outpouring of support for Matt in this chapter of his life has been the best and it really shows what type of fans we have. This is still Matts team till the end of this season and after the BCS bowl game. Yea I said it a BCS bowl.  To the fans, you support and yell for this team more than ever now and support BJ any way you can.  Matt will still be just as involved if not more now with behind the scenes, just not on the field.  Thanks again for the love and support it has really help both our family and Matt.    #8  thats our boy I am so proud and what he has done here and so proud to say he has played for the best fans ever!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

You should be a very proud papa.  Matt did wonders for this program.

I remember when he and Hill came in...you told us Matt would be the guy.  You were right.  He's a tough kid and we are fortunate to have had him on the field as much as we did.

He'll stay in our thoughts the whole season.  We know he got us to this point and he'll help B.J. continue our climb.  Please continue to give him the best from the message board Bulls.

• Content Count:  645

You should be a very proud papa.  Matt did wonders for this program.

I remember when he and Hill came in...you told us Matt would be the guy.  You were right.  He's a tough kid and we are fortunate to have had him on the field as much as we did.

He'll stay in our thoughts the whole season.  We know he got us to this point and he'll help B.J. continue our climb.  Please continue to give him the best from the message board Bulls.

^ This

• Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

Yes, Matt raised USF football to new heights and his Big East records will be hard to beat. You should be very proud of what he has accomplished so far in his young life.

• Content Count:  473

Thanks for the memories #8. ~U~ USF fans will never forget all that you've done for our team and our school.  :gobulls

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We all hope all of our little boys can grow to be such a man.

• Content Count:  1,528

FlipFlop, thank your son for us. He left it all out on the field, every game, and we recognize that. That is the best way to earn people's respect as a player. Matt played with all heart. You have every right to be a very proud dad.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

flipflop, thanks for the kind words to us fans. Do me a favor and make sure Matt takes it easy and doesn' try and come back from his injury too soon. I blew my left knee out (torn ACL, tore both meniscus, partially torn MCL) and did not rehab the way I should and will now deal with the consequences the rest of my life. I know that Matt has a great chance at playing football at the next level (whether it be NFL, CFL, etc) and I would hate for him to miss out because of too much tenacity and toughness.

They measure a lot of things in the NFL for players; height, weight, bench press, 40 yard dash. However, the most important things they can't measure are heart and character, of which Matt has more than just about everyone.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

It has been my pleasure to watch Matt dazzle the fans from his games at Lake Gibson to his games at USF.  Thank You Grothe Family!

• Content Count:  849

I feel like I've been one of Matt's biggest critics, but I love what this kid has done for this program and for that I will never forget the legend of Matt Grothe!

Archived