• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

it appears usf underrecruited qb position

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Dennis Dixon didn't even play against us - he was injured.

Thats right, Roper i think, their 4th string QB haunts me in my sleep

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

and it should...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

like other positions

but we have lots of rbs

STOP USING QBS AS RECEIVERS

This is the dumbest smazza quote of all time.  We have two excellent backup QBs.  Unlike that team from Southern California.   ;D

It's taking an extraordinary amount of will power to not use my mod powers for evil and change the thread title to it appears usc underrecruited qb position ...

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It's taking an extraordinary amount of will power to not use my mod powers for evil and change the thread title to it appears usc underrecruited qb position ...

You know, the "C" button on the keyboard is right next to the "F" button. I can look the other way - it was just a typo.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Do we even have a fourth string QB?  Have we ever?

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

like other positions

but we have lots of rbs

STOP USING QBS AS RECEIVERS

This is the dumbest smazza quote of all time.  We have two excellent backup QBs.  Unlike that team from Southern California.   ;D

and we dont use the qbs we have properly

putting them at wideout is plANE DUMB

It would help if we stopped using our QBs like RBs.

That's an integral part of our offensive scheme that is a major reason for our team's success.

WHAT SUCCESS?

Slick,

I feel that is a fundamental flaw in the way we run the spread. In my opinion Oregon runs it perfectly. How many times did their qb have designed runs against us? Not too much, just enough to keep USF off balanced. We have been doing it the oppose way. We run the rb just enough to keep the opposition "off balanced". Backwards imo

Interesting artiicle on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_offense

"There are many forms of the spread system. One of the extremes is the "Air Raid" pass-oriented version typified by Mike Leach's Texas Tech Red Raiders, Todd Dodge's North Texas Mean Green, Gary Pinkel's Missouri Tigers, Todd Graham's Tulsa Golden Hurricane, and Hal Mumme's New Mexico State Aggies. This version employs multiple spread sets and is heavily reliant on the quarterback and coaches being able to call the appropriate play at the line of scrimmage based on how the defense sets up."

"The other extreme version is the spread option, consisting of the slot receiver and tail back as well as a speedy quarterback, which has been recently implemented by Rich Rodriguez at West Virginia and now Michigan, Chip Kelly at Oregon and Jerry Moore at Appalachian State. Despite the multi-receiver sets, the spread option is a run-first scheme which requires a quarterback that is comfortable carrying the ball, a mobile offensive line that can pull and trap effectively, and receivers that can hold their blocks. The essence of the spread option is misdirection. Effectively, this is the old triple option except that it utilizes spread sets. In particular, the quarterback must be able to read the defensive end and determine whether he is collapsing down the line or playing upfield contain."

USF WASNT MENTIONED

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,562
  • Days Won:  29

Dennis Dixon didn't even play against us - he was injured.

And where is he now ... think at a D2 school. 1 Hit Wonder - against us  :P

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are missing my point. If feel thw qb should be a complement to rbs for the spread to be truly effective. WVU has had Slaton and Devine as their leading rusher and Oregon had Jonathan Stewart.

Those guys were the main ball carriers with the qb as a compliment. WVU had an exceptional running qb complement. Can anyone name Oregon's qb? I have always felt the qb ran the ball way too much, but that's just me.

What is the common denominator ?  Slaton=NFL;  Stewart=NFL ; Devine = Potential NFL ; White=NFL.  Any offense looks better when you have future NFL players running them.

Archived