• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a letter to coach tresey

SRQ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

On a related note, did anyone catch it when Gilyard scored his TD yesterday and came over to the camera... "Thanks momma, grandma, aunt suzie, every fuuuu...everybody...yeah"

I guess he didn't want momma, grandma, and aunt suzie to hear him thank every effin' body...

I don't particularly like this language, but I find it hard to believe that this offends the players. He should however direct it away from the stands as we may actually have some smaller children or older fans that could be offended.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

This has to be the most worthless thing I have read. Are you serious?  I loved Coach T's passion, obviously, someone has never played a sport under a coach that wears his emotions on his sleeves.  Thanks Coach T!

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

to quote Bully

this post is quite vaginal

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Dear Tressey,

AWESOME!

wouldn't that be

"******* AWESOME!" ...?

i sure as **** think so.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I'd like to see us keep Bulls games "family friendly".  I don't think the original poster was so much concerned with the student athletes as he was those with young children sitting in the lower 10 rows.  Certainly a legitimate complaint and I would be Tresey had no clue how far his voice was carrying.  I'd imagine a simple note to USF Athletics would get the message passed along and we wont see this problem again.

• Content Count:  4,738

I'd like to see us keep Bulls games "family friendly".  I don't think the original poster was so much concerned with the student athletes as he was those with young children sitting in the lower 10 rows.  Certainly a legitimate complaint and I would be Tresey had no clue how far his voice was carrying.  I'd imagine a simple note to USF Athletics would get the message passed along and we wont see this problem again.

the family section should be on the third level.  any parent could use that moment to tell their kids how that is the wrong word to say.  Tresey isnt here to be family freindly

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

the family section should be on the third level.  any parent could use that moment to tell their kids how that is the wrong word to say.  Tresey isnt here to be family freindly

Hmm.. something tells me we don't want to limit families (or those who don't want to hear profanity) to the 3rd level.

Can parents tell their kids not to use profanity?  Of course, and they should.  Will parents want to spend $200 per seat & $1000+ donation to athletic association to attend an event where they have to constantly explain to their kids that some adults lack the basic vocabulary necessary to articulate their points and the self-control to keep from using language most would find offensive?  I doubt it. 

I am willing to bet this isn't something USF (or Mr Tresey) would want to be known for.  As I said, I am sure it was simply him not realizing how far his voice was carrying.  Shouldn't make a bigger deal out of it than it is, but to ridicule a guy because he was offended by abusive and inappropriate language and suggest that children be moved to the 3rd level... perhaps you should be a UM fan.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

from the chick-fil-a family section you cannot hear a WORD on either sideline :P

• Content Count:  1,777

If Tresey wants to curse then so be it. Its football! Just make sure you tell your kids not to curse. Next thing you know people will be saying we do not want to expose our kids to the images of beer, which is a nice beverage that can be purchased at the game. The key is parents need to parent their kids. In life we are all have been exposed to things that may not be in our best interests.  In the end it is up to the individual to make the decision.

If there is that much of a problem then let John Hendrick handle. He is anti-profanity.

Archived