• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a letter to coach tresey

SRQ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I can't believe this ******* thread reached five pages.  Next year move your seat up five rows.  Let someone with grown up ears occupy those seats.

Ditto! Let me know what seats these are so I can take these for next season.

And just to let you know, He'll be coaching from the booth in the future. so this whole thread is POINTLESS

:shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'd like to see us keep Bulls games "family friendly".  I don't think the original poster was so much concerned with the student athletes as he was those with young children sitting in the lower 10 rows.  Certainly a legitimate complaint and I would be Tresey had no clue how far his voice was carrying.  I'd imagine a simple note to USF Athletics would get the message passed along and we wont see this problem again.

the family section should be on the third level.  any parent could use that moment to tell their kids how that is the wrong word to say.  Tresey isnt here to be family freindly

Exactly.  Kids are going to learn the word anyway, might as well learn from a passionate coach.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

I heard from a friend in Athletics that talked to Tresey and made him aware of the discussion regarding his language.  He said that Tresey was sincerely surprised and sorry that  his voice could be heard by fans and that he will certainly keep that in mind so as not to offend fans in the stands. 

With that said, it's a battle out there and we won't all agree on what we believe to be acceptable...just look at the responses on this thread.

So I guess the purpose of the original post was to make folks aware - even better Coach Tresey is aware. Now get back to cussing among yourselves.  At least here we have the *s taking care of our at times colorful choice of words.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You have to remember though, you can get fired up and not drop f bombs. Its embarrassing and shows lack of restraint. Ever see Tom Landry cuss? He is in a leadership position and we are talking students, not NFL multimillionaire egos either. These kids will cower if you point at them so its really not necessary. I bet someone from the Athletic Department gets wind of this thread, or saw it first person, it gets nipped in the bud.

Dude, what world are you living in??

The world where I don't need to be cussed out to know I screwed up. How about your world?  Look at 6:22, that's all you need to do. "Teachable Moment".

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4667942n

• Content Count:  4,738

I heard from a friend in Athletics that talked to Tresey and made him aware of the discussion regarding his language.  He said that Tresey was sincerely surprised and sorry that  his voice could be heard by fans and that he will certainly keep that in mind so as not to offend fans in the stands. 

With that said, it's a battle out there and we won't all agree on what we believe to be acceptable...just look at the responses on this thread.

So I guess the purpose of the original post was to make folks aware - even better Coach Tresey is aware. Now get back to cussing among yourselves.  At least here we have the *s taking care of our at times colorful choice of words.

I guess I need to start a ******* discussion on how Tresey can ******* cuss as ******* much and as ******* loud as he ******* wants to every ******* game as long as our ******* defense kicks some ******* ass.

• Content Count:  4,016

You have to remember though, you can get fired up and not drop f bombs. Its embarrassing and shows lack of restraint. Ever see Tom Landry cuss? He is in a leadership position and we are talking students, not NFL multimillionaire egos either. These kids will cower if you point at them so its really not necessary. I bet someone from the Athletic Department gets wind of this thread, or saw it first person, it gets nipped in the bud.

The world where I don't need to be cussed out to know I screwed up. How about your world?  Look at 6:22, that's all you need to do. "Teachable Moment".

The idea is to be an individual, and people have their own ways of doing things, and if saying "F**K" works for the guy the say "F**K" all you want.  For you to tell him how to do his job, and suggest it needs to be done in a passive, non-aggressive way.....

• Content Count:  4,642

that's good!  our players respond well to being yelled at.  just look at what mccarney did.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The idea is to be an individual, and people have their own ways of doing things, and if saying "F**K" works for the guy the say "F**K" all you want.  For you to tell him how to do his job, and suggest it needs to be done in a passive, non-aggressive way.....

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20071009/NEWS/710090507?Title=Man-charged-with-swearing-near-children-at-Payne-Park-opening

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This thread has gone on long enough.  The Trough is a peaceful place to have fund or have meaningful discussion.  No personal attacks.

Attacks were edited out.

Archived