• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

recruiting not go so well for usf

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt he's upset about it...

He was right, 4-5 years of constant 50th ranked recruiting classes isn't an improvement.  We were at one point ranked 47th, but he did jump the gun.   Recruiting is going magnificently this year!

Let's hope we can sustain this pace.

yeah but on the flip many of those previous classes were a tad underrated too.  I can say guys like Estenor, Popek, Jerrell Young, Selvie, Nicholas, St. Louis, Joseph, Genus, Moffitt, and Kelly were much better than two star rankings they were saddled with.  Also, Pinellas County football is picking up a bit and we're benefiting from the upswing as well. 

Thirdly, we never really got any ranking credit for high quality transfers like Pupello, Jatavious Jackson, Jamar Taylor, and McKenzie.  I don't think if these guys were ranked a bit more correctly it would have jumped us dramatically but definitely put us a bit closer to reality like in the lower 40's each year. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622

Also, Pinellas County football is picking up a bit and we're benefiting from the upswing as well. 

It certainly is.. I admit I have talked down about the quality of football in Pinellas county on here in the past. But as I watched everything play out this year I saw otherwise. Many of the teams down there had down years but the competition was still good. And the #1 team in the Nation, St. Thomas Aquinas, said that Largo was the best team that they faced all year which is one reason I hope to land Marry and Lang.

• Content Count:  3,403

I doubt he's upset about it...

He was right, 4-5 years of constant 50th ranked recruiting classes isn't an improvement.  We were at one point ranked 47th, but he did jump the gun.  Recruiting is going magnificently this year!

Let's hope we can sustain this pace.

Thirdly, we never really got any ranking credit for high quality transfers like Pupello, Jatavious Jackson, Jamar Taylor, and McKenzie.  I don't think if these guys were ranked a bit more correctly it would have jumped us dramatically but definitely put us a bit closer to reality like in the lower 40's each year. 

yeah, just like Daron Rose won't count this year.

Archived