• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Buffalo Hoping for B.E.

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think we should add 4 though.. so Buffalo, memphis, UCF, and FAU would be good choices.  that way, we can have a conference title.

Why add for the sake of having a conference championship game? Look how well that has worked for the ACC since they expanded.

The Big East and the PAC 10 are the only BCS conferences who crown a true champion, which is how it should be.

I am not saying the Big East shouldn't look to expand, but they only need 1 program. Right now, there is one out there that would help the conference as a whole since ND won't come in.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I could see either UNC-Charlotte or FAU join the Big East. I believe UNCC will be starting their program from scratch next year, and they play in the Charlotte TV market, which is pretty nice.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if they pay a million to each school

seems usf needs money desparately

let them in

but big east needs to kick out non football members

makes more sense to add them than  a southerN school.IT IS CALLED THE BIG EAST

You do know that there are southern schools that are in the east, right? The "east" is not limited to northeastern schools.

And there are schools not in the east (Louisville, Depaul, Marquette).  I suppose they are east of the mississippi river  ::)

Geography is becoming less and less important.  TV market is what matters...  Buffalo doesn't fit that need.  Thus, no chance.  That is the main reason WE are in the big east.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The Big East needs to add a new team, weed out the basketball only schools (Football is the prime college sport anyway, basketball is secondary), kick out ND and add another team.

It needs to be a Southern school though, this way we can make it a true Eastern Conference, as it stands now the Big East should be called the Big North East.

Here is my top 5 teams in order of best to worst that could be added to the Big East:

(1). TCU (Still a Southern Team)

(2). Troy

(3). Louisiana Tech

(4). East Carolina

(5). Memphis (Brings with them the Liberty Bowl)

• Content Count:  4,069

While I would like to see the Big East be like every other BCS conference where all of its members are the same for both football and basketball, I would never be arrogant enough to suggest that any of the original members of the Big East be expelled because they chose not to play football on what was previously know as the Division I level.  Do you really think that Georgetown, Villanova, or St. John's should be kept out?  These are teams which have been powerhouses in basketball.  I also do not know if Syracuse (also an original member) would be happy about losing these rivals in basketball.  Maybe a compromise of sorts could be worked out in time.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

After some thought I would selfishly like UCF to join the Big East so I can go to an extra roadie every other year.  I'd also take Memphis and stop at 10 football teams.

Seriously, what's the big difference between 16 and 18 basketball schools.  They could be the first conference to have separated basketball divisions and and inter-league divided tournament.  Make it double elimination and it could go on for a month before march madness.  That would create some revenue!  Plus in terms of basketball Memphis would add a perennial tournament team increasing revenue for the whole pot.

And the liberty bowl could go Big East #3 against SEC #5/6 (whatever it is).  It would easily become a top bowl game.  Instead of praying there are enough 6-6 SEC teams to make the PapaJohns.com bowl we have a good bowl game.

With UCF and USF there could be an outside shot we could pull for one of the Orlando bowl games at the next negotiations.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  7,693

After some thought I would selfishly like UCF to join the Big East so I can go to an extra roadie every other year.  I'd also take Memphis and stop at 10 football teams.

Seriously, what's the big difference between 16 and 18 basketball schools.  They could be the first conference to have separated basketball divisions and and inter-league divided tournament.  Make it double elimination and it could go on for a month before march madness.  That would create some revenue!  Plus in terms of basketball Memphis would add a perennial tournament team increasing revenue for the whole pot.

And the liberty bowl could go Big East #3 against SEC #5/6 (whatever it is).  It would easily become a top bowl game.  Instead of praying there are enough 6-6 SEC teams to make the PapaJohns.com bowl we have a good bowl game.

With UCF and USF there could be an outside shot we could pull for one of the Orlando bowl games at the next negotiations.

I'm Dixie Bull and I approve of this message  :cheers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

if they pay a million to each school

seems usf needs money desparately

???

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

One winning season and they're ready for the Big East, eh?

Sorry, the Big East's Bulls quota is full.

they would give bulls run for their money

• Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

No way. We dont need anymore northeast schools. Get some southern schools, but not UCF.

it is called big east

which southern school?  ftu/ou/oc?  eastern carolina?

Archived