• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the problem is leavitt is in over his head

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

he simply cant get it done at  this level

there is no shame because most couldnt do it either

he needs to recognize that and resign

he will get a job as head coach for non bcs team or lowly bcs team

it has been obvious to me for awhile but now it obvious to most

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I think with a quality coaching staff behind him he would do much better.

The problem is the guys in the background. They are a bunch of dopes.

• Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe he is an example of the "Peter Principal".  It happens all the time in business & government.  He was promoted to the level of his incompetency

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

he simply cant get it done at  this level

there is no shame because most couldnt do it either

he needs to recognize that and resign

he will get a job as head coach for non bcs team or lowly bcs team

it has been obvious to me for awhile but now it obvious to most

YES!!!

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

once again agree....good coach, but not great....and as far as asst coaches, he picked them so he is responsible....

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Most sane people are not on the board following a loss because of the repetitive moaning and blaming threads.

Hence, you won't see much disagreement with smazza's continued 7 year rant against Jim Leavitt. 

Like with anything, one should consider the full body of work, and make their judgments accordingly.  Again, it's clear that several drank the preseason hype koolaid about the abilities of this team and now feel betrayed and hurt.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

While I understand the "full body of work" argument. IMO it doesn't hold water in this instance. Leavitt has brought USF football higher, and faster than most could have realistically expected. However, that doesn't mean that he can or will be able to get us to the next level. Winning 8 or 9 games a year might be OK for some of you, but it will not be OK for 99.9% of Florida HS recruits. If we can hope to compete for some of the big name players, we will have to consisitently win 9, 10 or more games a year. I for one am not satisfied with the product on the field. I think that Woolard should tell Leavitt, either start new with at least the O staff, or you are gone. That simple. IMO if the team continues to  "max out" at 9 wins a year, then they can build a 30K seat OCS, and have a hard time filling it.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Most sane people are not on the board following a loss because of the repetitive moaning and blaming threads.

Hence, you won't see much disagreement with smazza's continued 7 year rant against Jim Leavitt. 

Like with anything, one should consider the full body of work, and make their judgments accordingly.  Again, it's clear that several drank the preseason hype koolaid about the abilities of this team and now feel betrayed and hurt.

I think most have run for the hills because of the bitterness displayed on the board.  I can't run, because I am partly responsible for what people type here - I have to moderate it.  I wouldn't even come here to listen to the arrogance and ignorance if I didn't have to.

the reasons the leavitt supporters have run from the hills are many

a.they can no longer defend leavitt

b.they are embarrased to have backed him and they must now admit they were wrong(very tough for some people to do)

c.the reason you cite isnt one of them

d.i can go onand  on

c and d make for a longer list, but not sure it means much to anyone other than you.  I think a lot of people can defend Leavitt; that they choose not to come here and be the subject of raging vitriol from anonymous hooligans means nothing. 

I am sure that some have changed their opinions regarding Leavitt - a little here or a lot there, but I also believe many take a much longer term view of the program, and to not grade it as a must win 10 games per year to be considered successful at this stage in its development.

Archived