• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Ereck Plancher discussions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

I just watched the piece. They basically killed that poor kid. Imagine one of the last things you heard before you died was your coach dogging you for doing your best...for running so hard you killed yourself. They knew full well about his medical condition but were too scared to stand up to O'liar. The parents should sue them for every cent they have and take O'liars money too. If I were a recruit i would stay far away from that train wreck they call a program.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,590
  • Days Won:  3

Tough story.  Sounds like O'Leary was very oblivious to what was wrong with Erick.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Yeah I got that Tivo'd I'm curious to see if they have grounds to sue.  FSU was sued successfully for 2 mil when this happened to them.

NOTE: FSU only had to pay $200,000 of their $2 Million lawsuit case per state law (maximum payments). Don't think FSU had to pay any of the remaining $1.8 Million that the courts said they owed Darling's family.

Here's how the case stood after FSU paid the initial $200,000 3 years after Darling's death:

Ms. Betty Steffens, University General Counsel, reported that the Risk Management case of the Estate of Devaughn Darling vs. the Trustees had been settled. Further, the settlement agreement had been approved by the presiding Judge. The terms of the agreement provide that: FSU will 1) place a memorial to Devaughn at the Athletic Center; 2) provide duplicates of photos; 3) have replicas made of rings awarded to Devaughn Darling; 4) implement or revise the scholarship endowment; and 5) execute a release and settlement agreement. In addition there is a consent judgment of $2 million. The Division of Risk Management will pay the first $200,000 of this amount pursuant to state laws governing sovereign immunity. The remaining $1,800,000 requires that a claims bill should be filed by the plaintiffs.

• Content Count:  476

Wow, KL.  I hope it makes you feel better that UCF will only have to pay $200,000.

Yeah, UCF did a lot wrong ::) It is a very, very sad situation, but UCF followed protocol in every sense of the word.  At most UCF mishandled the response after the incident.  We all want what is best for EP, so should you Bulls. That is all.*

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

First, KL didn't say that UCF handled things well.  His reponse was that FSU didn't have to pay $2mil.  That means he expects UCF to have to pay.  That's what I was responding to.

Second, no one has explained to me why it is a good idea to pick up a player that is having a heart attack, and carry him outside before starting CPR.  In a situation where seconds count, this is absolutely the wrong thing to do.  Either there were no trainers around, or the trainers did not follow protocol.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I didn't see it yet.  Did they say whether ucf knew about the sickle-cell issue?  If they did, then the training staff should have been vigilant with him.

• Content Count:  126

They knew about the condition. Were even warned that the player needed to be eased into the training regime in a memo. They dropped the ball big time and the ass covering began.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

First, KL didn't say that UCF handled things well.  His reponse was that FSU didn't have to pay $2mil.  That means he expects UCF to have to pay.  That's what I was responding to.

1st part is correct.

2nd part was wrong (I didn't mention anything about EP's death.)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

We all want what is best for EP, so should you Bulls.

You mean what's best for EP's family ...

Archived