• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Tough on Discipline" O'Leary doesn't suspend UCF finger-flippers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It shouldn't come as any surprise that UCF did nothing. O'Leary lost control of the team in the spring and Tribble is his lackey.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Come on, guys, they've got a CUSA crown to defend ..... if he suspends Burnett, he suspends his leading scorer.

He he he, yeah that's right.  I think between defensive returns, and Burnett's returns he's nearly accounted for or scored more than their offense has this year.  No Burnett= no offense.

That's ok they've still got losses to ECU, Tulsa, and Memphis looming, and possibly USM too.  I still say 4-8 is a good year for them at this point.

• Content Count:  476

It shouldn't come as any surprise that UCF did nothing. O'Leary lost control of the team in the spring and Tribble is his lackey.

Guys, stuff happens during the heat of battle.  I didn't like it, but it doesn't mean they deserve to be hung by a yard arm for an obscene gesture.

• Content Count:  684

Guys, stuff happens during the heat of battle.  I didn't like it, but it doesn't mean they deserve to be hung by a yard arm for an obscene gesture.

easy for you to say chad... if this happened with usf players you know half of orlando would be screaming foul

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

"Stuff happens in the heat of battle" with the fans? Shouldn't the players giving the bird have been more focused on a game they were losing LATE IN THE 3RD QUARTER? As I said earlier, O'Leary has already lost control of the team and the flipping of the bird to the FANS is just further proof of that.

The incident was caught on television and it only reflects poorly on UCF. The fact that no discipline from UCF reflects worse on the program and the University. That type of gesture warrants more than extra running in practice. Pitt suspended a guy for 2 games for doing the same thing.

• Content Count:  1,260

Renegade program deserves the death penalty.....

• Content Count:  4,016

hmm... but O'Leary suspended Kevin Smith for wearing the wrong color sucks to a team workout (or something equally benign, depending on what UCFer you hear) from the most important game of UCF's season a couple years back.

Yeah, whatever... I think most UCF fans are pretty much done with O'Leary, but this more or less puts an end to the non-sense many of them push about their program being so ethical and doing everything the right way.

Where did you hear that?  Kevin Smith had been out on the town violating the team curfew before the game....that's a fact jack.  It wasn't five minutes after lights out kinda thing either.

what I find particularly funny, or obvious, is how most of the cheezy knights on the internet show almost zero intellectual capacity.  They all act like a bunch of early twenties dumb football dudes...two days ago they were calling it a 'in the heat of the moment' thing, and that it wasn't 'classless', or 'stupid' what the players did...and yes your fans did say such moronic stuff on your rivals site, on your scout site, and USF's rivals site. 

But, oddly, Tribble comes out and calls their move 'classless' and 'completely unacceptable behavior' (a vernacular for 'stupid'), even one of the players said they were 'stupid' in their release. 

Maybe chad, and others on that brandon helwig site should step back, and remember they are all graduates (which I doubt) or graduating from UCF.  The educational quality, a prestine image, and quality of alumni is paramount to anything football or athletically related.  No alumnus of any school should want kids representing your school and having public displays of classless behavior on national tv.  It reflects poorly on the university and all it stands for and the alumni.  Graduates worked hard to maintain that image, and shouldn't want two fools to sully it in an afternoon of football.

I still say a suspension is in order because of the public nature of the act.  Wanny suspended Darrell Strong for two games 2 years ago for the same act.

• Content Count:  645

Of course it hasn't been mentioned anywhere I have seen, but this wasn't the only act of stupidity the #19 exhibited that day.

I was watching the opening sequence and they focused on him and he started saying something (didn't catch the entire thing) and he ended it by saying UCF s#$t or something very similar.

He was caught cusiing on National TV before the game even started.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow man...UCF sucks.

Archived