• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for Eric , Vicki, or someone from USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

What benefits do I get by paying USF for parking?

I first want start off by saying I am a Alumni, Green Jacket donor, and a bull backer so I have other options on where I choose to park but I park in the donor lots because the money goes to USF. Every week I or someone I know gets harassed by someone from the TSA. Last week for example after tailgating to at least an hour and a half the family next to us was told they had to move their tent back two feet, two feet and after over an hour. Then my daughter is two years old and running around with a football in her hand and the same guy tells my wife that she cannot throw the ball. She’s two how far could she throw it? And now these new rules are a little over board. I understand the no Keg rule but to cut back tailgating one full hour and saying if you have a large vessel of alcohol it will be confiscated is taking it too far. I have 7-10 people who tailgate with me every week and we all bring our own beer in a large cooler and by the rules USF and the TSA have placed any cop or TSA official who is having a bad day could confiscate our beer and take my season ticket privilege away. So I ask you again what benefits do I get by paying USF to park in the donor lots? Because all I seem to be getting is a bunch of headaches.  It seems that the good fans are being punished for the actions of some drunk students and small portion of our fans.

Gary Blackman

Excellent post. I feel the same way. People may say that "its only an hour." True, but for people who thought we didn't have enough time to begin with that it further diminishes the experience for those of us who like to tailgate with family and friends a couple times a year. While I think the no keg rule is "reasonable",  I feel that the 98% of us who have followed the rules are being penalized for the actions of a few, which I also feel are being way overblown and exaggerated.

I'm proud that USF is being proactive about improving the game experience, but there is a fine line between being empathetic to visiting fans claims and essentially scolding an entire fan base for the actions of a few, which should have been held in check to begin with. IMO, USF should have hired more security from day one. That is, since we start drawing bigger crowds we should have had more "boots on the ground", especially around the visitors section and where ever large crowds of visiting fans are tailgating.

I just hope that USF conveys a strong sense of responsibility to the ushers, security and our other parterners. I've seen many people get bullied  by unreasonable, lot attendants, ushers and security crews.  They can't forget that they are there to serve the fans....not the other way around. I hope that all fans respect the job they have to do, but if they cross the line with rudeness or blatant unfairness they should be held accountable as well.

Other than that: GO BULLS!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

Vicki and Eric are very responsive and helpful to people here.  They respond even when sometimes they probably shouldn't.  I think they'd rather have the dialogue than have Bulls fans go to games ticked off at the new rules or how they perceive things to be.  They realize more so than others before them, we - Bulls FANS - are the customers. 

I just don't think the resource should be overused or they'll just stop visiting all together.

I understand.  I think as long as people are polite as BullFreak is, they don't mind using this forum to reach die-hard Bulls fans.  I would certainly hope they do not respond to rudeness or insults.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I am emailing my ticket rep as well as writing a letter to USF

• Content Count:  1,991

bump.....so this is seen in the morning of a work week

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I am awaiting their response.  If I don't see one, I will email them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,454
  • Days Won:  422

What benefits do I get by paying USF for parking?

I first want start off by saying I am a Alumni, Green Jacket donor, and a bull backer so I have other options on where I choose to park but I park in the donor lots because the money goes to USF. Every week I or someone I know gets harassed by someone from the TSA. Last week for example after tailgating to at least an hour and a half the family next to us was told they had to move their tent back two feet, two feet and after over an hour. Then my daughter is two years old and running around with a football in her hand and the same guy tells my wife that she cannot throw the ball. She’s two how far could she throw it? And now these new rules are a little over board. I understand the no Keg rule but to cut back tailgating one full hour and saying if you have a large vessel of alcohol it will be confiscated is taking it too far. I have 7-10 people who tailgate with me every week and we all bring our own beer in a large cooler and by the rules USF and the TSA have placed any cop or TSA official who is having a bad day could confiscate our beer and take my season ticket privilege away. So I ask you again what benefits do I get by paying USF to park in the donor lots? Because all I seem to be getting is a bunch of headaches.  It seems that the good fans are being punished for the actions of some drunk students and small portion of our fans.

Gary Blackman

I'm not sure what you, and the others anxiously waiting for an answer, are expecting as far as a response. To me, you answered your own question in your second sentence; "the money goes to USF". Sorry if that's not sufficient enough an answer. USF doesn't control the TSA lot Nazis so I don't understand your questioning there. It's strictly the luck of the draw whether you get a real goose stepper in your parking area or not. We haven't had one in about 4 years, ever since we've been in 6D and 6. Also, I think it's pretty much been addressed that the new rules are aimed at keg-like containers, not coolers. Plus, there is nothing in the new rules that say you will have your season ticket privilege taken away by anything done in the parking lot, donor or not, so I don't know where you're coming from with that. Bottom line is the only thing good fans are being punished with because of some drunk students and small portion of our fans is losing an hour of tailgating. If that is important enough to you to withold money going to USF, it's your call whether to keep doing or not ..... but if you don't renew, I hope you're in 6D because I'd sure like to get back there again.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Days Won:  3

If I recall correctly, you "get" to park next to the stadium (vice a surrounding lot).

There are people, for whom that is a benefit, and they agree that paying for a parking

pass, rather than use the general admission lot, is worth the cost.

Remember for die parkplatz Polizei, this is their moment of glory. Nothing can be done

about that. Which is why I park where I do.  8)   

• Content Count:  7,890

sounds like your little girl is one of those out of control party animals.

she better not hit anything when she is throwing that football around--- I mean it. I will sue

thumb_IMG_2273.JPG

^^^^ TROUBLE MAKER ^^^^^

Funny stuff Mike I laughed my tail off ;D

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Guys,

I may be incorrect with this, but I think I recall an earlier post (maybe last year) about OCS, etc... and it was stated that all parking revenues go to the TSA (ie bucs, glazers, tsa).  I do not believe USF gets anything from parking revenues.

Again, I might be incorrect with this, but I think that is the case.

• Content Count:  1,261

IncrediBull - USF gets 3,000 parking spaces to sell.  I'm not sure if we keep 100% or if we have to pay the TSA a certain amount per parking pass.

Archived