• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for Eric , Vicki, or someone from USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

What benefits do I get by paying USF for parking?

I first want start off by saying I am a Alumni, Green Jacket donor, and a bull backer so I have other options on where I choose to park but I park in the donor lots because the money goes to USF. Every week I or someone I know gets harassed by someone from the TSA. Last week for example after tailgating to at least an hour and a half the family next to us was told they had to move their tent back two feet, two feet and after over an hour. Then my daughter is two years old and running around with a football in her hand and the same guy tells my wife that she cannot throw the ball. She’s two how far could she throw it? And now these new rules are a little over board. I understand the no Keg rule but to cut back tailgating one full hour and saying if you have a large vessel of alcohol it will be confiscated is taking it too far. I have 7-10 people who tailgate with me every week and we all bring our own beer in a large cooler and by the rules USF and the TSA have placed any cop or TSA official who is having a bad day could confiscate our beer and take my season ticket privilege away. So I ask you again what benefits do I get by paying USF to park in the donor lots? Because all I seem to be getting is a bunch of headaches.  It seems that the good fans are being punished for the actions of some drunk students and small portion of our fans.

Gary Blackman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,066

I'm pretty sure that the "new rules" are going to be directed towards the former mall parking lots, north parking lots and greek/student activites parking lots.  This seems to be the greatest concentration of students where potential underage drinking and mass consumption would occur.  Just a thought....

I would be interested in seeing USF's response to your concern though...

• Content Count:  2,461

Hopefully you emailed it... b/c they're not going to come to this board to answer everyone's gripes. Especially if more and more people are making threads like this one.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

What benefits do I get by paying USF for parking?

I first want start off by saying I am a Alumni, Green Jacket donor, and a bull backer so I have other options on where I choose to park but I park in the donor lots because the money goes to USF. Every week I or someone I know gets harassed by someone from the TSA. Last week for example after tailgating to at least an hour and a half the family next to us was told they had to move their tent back two feet, two feet and after over an hour. Then my daughter is two years old and running around with a football in her hand and the same guy tells my wife that she cannot throw the ball. She’s two how far could she throw it? And now these new rules are a little over board. I understand the no Keg rule but to cut back tailgating one full hour and saying if you have a large vessel of alcohol it will be confiscated is taking it too far. I have 7-10 people who tailgate with me every week and we all bring our own beer in a large cooler and by the rules USF and the TSA have placed any cop or TSA official who is having a bad day could confiscate our beer and take my season ticket privilege away. So I ask you again what benefits do I get by paying USF to park in the donor lots? Because all I seem to be getting is a bunch of headaches.  It seems that the good fans are being punished for the actions of some drunk students and small portion of our fans.

Gary Blackman

I am pretty sure the whole no throwing rule is a RJS rule.  We were harassed last year when parking on the north end of the stadium at the Cincy game, tossing a ball around in the "Employee Lot" that was going to be empty for another 2 hours.  We were chastised and threatened and they said it was a RJS rule but throwing a ball was ok accross the street at a 717 run lot.  These guys seem like they don't have the best of lives and having that little bit of power has gone to their heads.

As far as a the "large vessel" rule, I see the reasoning behind it, but I also am going to assume that a "Large Vessel"  will be like the coolers that Leavitt gets dumped on his head after a big win... the 5-gallon cylindrical coolers that have taps and are filled (in the parking lots at least) with grain alcohol, kool-aid and fruit.  Don't worry too much about having your cooler filled with a couple of 12 packs for now.  We have 2 weeks to get some clarification on that rule.  

Unfortunately, I feel that the alums are going to be hurting the most from my irresponsible peers, seeing as they mostly party in the lots across from RJS property and those areas are not as highly policed.  Just know that this is one of those rules where the screw ups of a "few dumb men" will hurt those of us there to have a good time and watch some USF football.  

I am going to venture a common-sense guess and say that coolers with individual cans/bottles are not the "large vessels" that would be confiscated.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

There may well be a lot of drunk parking attendants.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

Vicki and Eric are very responsive and helpful to people here.  They respond even when sometimes they probably shouldn't.  I think they'd rather have the dialogue than have Bulls fans go to games ticked off at the new rules or how they perceive things to be.  They realize more so than others before them, we - Bulls FANS - are the customers. 

Vicki and Eric are very responsive and helpful to people here.  They respond even when sometimes they probably shouldn't.  I think they'd rather have the dialogue than have Bulls fans go to games ticked off at the new rules or how they perceive things to be.  They realize more so than others before them, we - Bulls FANS - are the customers. 

I just don't think the resource should be overused or they'll just stop visiting all together.

Archived