• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's embarrassing to be ranked and playing down to the competition

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  1

Look I am happy we won. I just got back to the hotel from the game. But honestly, I think we deserve to drop in the rankings. We let teams back in games they have no business being in. We play down to our competition. This game proves we have not hit that elite category yet. We may win the Big East but games like this one are the reason why we lose games we should win every year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not giving up. I'm saying we are going to lose if we do not play better. I said the same things last year, and what happened? We lost. And again. And again. I'm hoping this is different than last year, but I'm not convinced. How can I be?

I'm not a boobird, I'm realistic. Last year, when I refused to agree with most the board screaming "GREAT YEAR!" while we stood in last pace in the BE at 1-3 last year made me look like negative as well.

This was after the FAU game I suppose, which followed on the heels of a win over #17 Auburn, a win over #5 WVU and an absolute destruction of UNC, and right before a complete dismantling of UCF.  Hmm.

No. This was after the losses to RU, UCONN, and Cinci. People were still saying how great of a season it was. Look it up if you choose not to believe me.

This is getting petty.  We haven't lost any games this year, so your comparison is confusing.  I think I know what you might mean, but we go about discussing it differently.

Basically, I'm not happy playing badly against bad teams, just because we won. Of course, I prefer this ovee losing, but I'm not willing to settle for mediocrity when I know what this team is capable of.

This relates to last year because I made comments about our poor offense in the Elon, Auburn, WVU, FAU, and got the same response of "we won, we are fine". I unfortunaely predicted correctly we would lose games if our O didn't pick it up. I dont want to be right again.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

A win, is a win, is a win...    no matter how ugly.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Was I the only one who noticed the FIU, despite being severely overmanned, played with HEART, PASSION, AND DESIRE.  They never quit until the final whistle.  Unfortunately, I did not see that out of USF this week.  I hope this is corrected.

• Content Count:  936

Was I the only one who noticed the FIU, despite being severely overmanned, played with HEART, PASSION, AND DESIRE.  They never quit until the final whistle.  Unfortunately, I did not see that out of USF this week.  I hope this is corrected.

I've noticed that the last 3 games.

• Content Count:  5,241

I gotta agree. If USF played with half of the heart they had in the 3rd quarter of that kansas game, we win here 40-0.  Also some blocking on the edge of those EFFING field goal kicks would help

• Content Count:  971

Not embarrassed . . . just totally disgusted.  Two tough games coming up . . . then a breather. 

Archived