• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's embarrassing to be ranked and playing down to the competition

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I never thought for a moment we would lose that game.  Nor did I ever feel uncomfortable, except when watching as the injured Bulls were helped off.  Never, did I feel irrationally emotional or that FIU would pose a threat.  The game was no where near as close as the score, I don't get all the bitterness.  If it's all about seeing a blowout, sorry.

One score over the worst team in the country. If we played a decent team, we lose tonight. If we are a good team, we need to win these solidly

The nannybooboos love that line. 

We play down to our competition most say, but then, in fact, we also play up to our competition as well.

You said that last year. And then we lost three straight. Maybe you are ok with that happening again; I'm not.

I didn't say that last year - stick to the facts.

You guys can give up or not enjoy the season.  It's a personal choice.

4-0.  I look forward to the next one.

I'm not giving up. I'm saying we are going to lose if we do not play better. I said the same things last year, and what happened? We lost. And again. And again. I'm hoping this is different than last year, but I'm not convinced. How can I be?

I'm not a boobird, I'm realistic. Last year, when I refused to agree with most the board screaming "GREAT YEAR!" while we stood in last pace in the BE at 1-3 last year made me look like negative as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

I'm not giving up. I'm saying we are going to lose if we do not play better. I said the same things last year, and what happened? We lost. And again. And again. I'm hoping this is different than last year, but I'm not convinced. How can I be?

I'm not a boobird, I'm realistic. Last year, when I refused to agree with most the board screaming "GREAT YEAR!" while we stood in last pace in the BE at 1-3 last year made me look like negative as well.

This was after the FAU game I suppose, which followed on the heels of a win over #17 Auburn, a win over #5 WVU and an absolute destruction of UNC, and right before a complete dismantling of UCF.  Hmm.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

FAU uotplayed us last year and probably had us beat but for a lousy call by the refs when we botched a punt return.

We clearly outplayed FIU today.  They offset our talent by bringing emotion and fire.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Is Singabull in the house?   ::)

I'm more worried about the injuries than the final score.  We are the hunted, we need to get used to teams playing their best game against us.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Lacksidaisical performance that probably led to injuries - heads not completely in the game.  I'm one of many fans that hates seeing good players go down to a cream puff team when all of our players should be heading back on the bus together instead of leaving one (some?) behind with horrible injuries.  Bottom line is that FIU is a horrible football team and this isn't like FAU last year.  FAU was a good team, they won their conference and a bowl game.  The only bowl that FIU will be sniffing is their cereal bowl.  Frustrated for sure, especially with big games and big teams on the horizon.  Teams build for those later games - unfortunately we are not progressing - this game indicates regression.  

A win is a win, however, not progressing means that those tougher games coming up will be more in doubt.  I expected some improvement this year in the "playing down to your competition" area.

Summary:  Glad we won, (please God let Mompremier be o.k.) and very, very disappointed in the offensive line

I never thought for a moment we would lose that game.  Nor did I ever feel uncomfortable, except when watching as the injured Bulls were helped off.  Never, did I feel irrationally emotional or that FIU would pose a threat.  The game was no where near as close as the score, I don't get all the bitterness.  If it's all about seeing a blowout, sorry.

One score over the worst team in the country. If we played a decent team, we lose tonight. If we are a good team, we need to win these solidly

Could be one of the stupidest statements of the year. 

If we played a better team we have a much different game plan and a much different attitude.  Grothe threw a whopping total of 4 passes the second half.  The game was never in doubt and we went into slow down mode after the field goal in the 2nd quarter.  The team played completely uninspired.

Kansas blew FIU out the first game of the year.  Maybe I am wrong, but I thought we beat that same Kansas team last week.

So we blew two 14 point leads this year late in the 4th, yet this game, a 10 point lead in the second left the game "never in doubt"? Get real.

This was after the FAU game I suppose, which followed on the heels of a win over #17 Auburn, a win over #5 WVU and an absolute destruction of UNC, and right before a complete dismantling of UCF.  Hmm.

No. This was after the losses to RU, UCONN, and Cinci. People were still saying how great of a season it was. Look it up if you choose not to believe me.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

No. This was after the losses to RU, UCONN, and Cinci. People were still saying how great of a season it was. Look it up if you choose not to believe me.

This is getting petty.  We haven't lost any games this year, so your comparison is confusing.  I think I know what you might mean, but we go about discussing it differently.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Too many mistakes- fumbles, dropped passes and penalties.    This game should have been put away before half.  That said, I'll take the win.  Hopefully next week the team will be better.

Archived