• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

good possibility for BE 9th team

SRQ

Guest nybullsfan

I think (and this is only my opinion) that Missouri would jump to the Big Ten in a heartbeat.

That would be cool - then we get the B12 to take Arkansas back and we jump to the SEC!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

we should grab a southern team like clemson or vandy

• Content Count:  1,260

I think (and this is only my opinion) that Missouri would jump to the Big Ten in a heartbeat.

That would be cool - then we get the B12 to take Arkansas back and we jump to the SEC!

Why would Arkansas go to the Big 12? I don't think the old SWC rivalries trump the dollars and spotlight they get now in all sports. They have it good in the SEC as it is, they'd be crazy to jump...

• Content Count:  971

I only have four thoughts on BEAST expansion . . .

1.  Based solely on where I'd like to travel to an away game, I'd pick Memphis and Tulane.  They both might bring another attractive bowl tie-in and both are East of the Mississippi (barely).  I would add both, even for basketball.

2.  If we go to 12 teams, we have a big basketball problem.  But if we do go to 12, I might warm up to the gnats if they could bring an Orlando bowl with them (probably not likely) and we occupied separate conference divisions, where we wouldn't have to play one another every year and could meet in the championship game.

3.  Why not think outside the box and invite the best non-BCS teams (based on the past 10-20) years?  Unfortunately, most would be Western teams like Boise State, BYU, Fresno State, TCU, etc.  I wonder if any/all of those would be interested in a football-only invite.  Probably not.  Would the BEAST kick out some of the basketball-only schools?  Probably not.

4.  I think the BEAST needs to be proactive on this issue; we will suffer mightily if we are forced to react to the moves of other BCS conferences.

Guest nybullsfan

Why would Arkansas go to the Big 12? I don't think the old SWC rivalries trump the dollars and spotlight they get now in all sports. They have it good in the SEC as it is, they'd be crazy to jump...

I dunno... B12's getting just a much hype this year, if not more, than the SEC

Of course, I don't expect it to happen, just as I don't expect Mizzou to jump to the B10.

If anyone should jump into the B10, it's ND - the only reason they stay in the BE is because it's a weak conference. If they moved to the B10, no way would they be able to keep their independent football status.

Guest nybullsfan

Memphis and Tulane.  They both might bring another attractive bowl tie-in

I might warm up to the gnats if they could bring an Orlando bowl with them (probably not likely)

Even though they use the same stadiums, Memphis, Tulane, and UCF have nothing to do with the conference tie-ins for the Liberty Bowl, Sugar Bowl, R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, Champs Sports Bowl, or Capital One Bowl

Just like USF has nothing to do with the Outback Bowl

:deadhorse

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Memphis and Tulane.  They both might bring another attractive bowl tie-in

I might warm up to the gnats if they could bring an Orlando bowl with them (probably not likely)

Even though they use the same stadiums, Memphis, Tulane, and UCF have nothing to do with the conference tie-ins for the Liberty Bowl, Sugar Bowl, R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, Champs Sports Bowl, or Capital One Bowl

Just like USF has nothing to do with the Outback Bowl

:deadhorse

Well not necessarily... we don't have a connection with the Outback Bowl because the TSA runs it... if we had an OCS and a Bowl took place in it then we would control it... the same with Tulane, they share the Superdome with the Saints and their own TSA... however I think they run the New Orleans Bowl...

Memphis would be good to add... Tulane I'm not so sure about any more... they both bring with them SEC Rivalry games, Memphis has Tennesee, and Tulane has LSU. If we have any chance of making a real "Big South Division" then we need to bring in teams with Rivalry games against SEC and ACC teams...

For example Tulane, and Memphis both have a good rivalry match up that is guaranteed to them with the SEC.... I think Troy would be good, they have a match up against either Auburn or Alabama. What other teams has this same set up in CUSA, MAC, etc.

Archived