• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Goodbye...

RicanBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

This is not talking crap about yankee stadium, as I think YS is great, but:  Fenway > Yankee stadium  :-*

I would disagree with that.  At least stankee stadium has decent dimensions.  Unlike retarded fenway with it's wall in left field and foul pole 300 feet out in right.

A warning track shot in any other stadium is a freaking double in fenway.  And a double down the right field line is a freaking home run.

Fenway should be banned.  The only reason it's still here is because it's been here for a long time.  If the rays wanted to build a new park with those dimensions MLB would not allow it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

This is not talking crap about yankee stadium, as I think YS is great, but:  Fenway > Yankee stadium  :-*

I would disagree with that.  At least stankee stadium has decent dimensions.  Unlike retarded fenway with it's wall in left field and foul pole 300 feet out in right.

Until 1976, the right field line in Yankee Stadium was 296 feet.

But I bet you knew that.  ;)

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

rays > yankmes

Ur right, I cant argue with that. But the sad part is that even with that...

Yankees Attendace > Rays Attendace

And I'd be surprised if a single playoff game is sold out. And if one is, its still only what, 30K or so? Pitiful.

new york population = 12 million

tampa bay population = 3 million

Actually NYC population is a little more than 8 million and Tampas population is a little over 300,000.

i

• Content Count:  873

rays > yankmes

Ur right, I cant argue with that. But the sad part is that even with that...

Yankees Attendace > Rays Attendace

And I'd be surprised if a single playoff game is sold out. And if one is, its still only what, 30K or so? Pitiful.

new york population = 12 million

tampa bay population = 3 million

Actually NYC population is a little more than 8 million and Tampas population is a little over 300,000.

i

Proves my point even more then

• Content Count:  760

Regardless, all tampa needs is 30k or so fans a game, while old Yankee Stadium seats 55k.

Anyway, i'm a numbers guy and i understand the disadvantage. And I dont want to get into a spitting contest. The Rays had a great season but are far far far away from reaching the Yankees legacy.

Good luck in the playoffs. I've always rooted for tampa to do well, but since this season they were actually good, I couldnt until now. BEAT THE RED SUX! Hell beat everyone u play unless its the CUBS (my WS pick lol)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

and for those keeping score at home there's another stadium closing this season in the Big Apple!

I have a friend that HATEs new york and all of it's teams and he even pointed out the fact that the coverage is 100% on Yankee stadium with little to no mention of the fact that this is also the last season at Shea

what can I say...as a Mets fan who's too young to really remember the mid 80s I've used to taking a back seat to the Yankees

It's sad to see all of these historical stadiums go. Especially cause one of the things I've come to love about baseball is it's deep tradition and history.

I know Shea is far from the best ball park ever but I'm glad I made it there for my first ever MLB game! There's just something about watching your team play at home for your first game that can't be touched. :)

as for Yankee stadium...well I wish I could've gone to a game there once just to have been there. My cousin went to yankee stadium this summer and sent me a message about how dirty he felt and the fact that he was only going because of "historical significance". Then again I still need to make it to Fenway and I lived 3 blocks from the stadium for a year and within a mile for another year!

• Content Count:  760

Yeah, i've noticed that too. No one mentions Shea. But it doesnt have the mystique of Yankee Stadium. However, its nice to see them upgrade aw well

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Yeah, i've noticed that too. No one mentions Shea. But it doesnt have the mystique of Yankee Stadium. However, its nice to see them upgrade aw well

I'll have to plan a trip up there to see a game at the new field...I mean to uh see my family sometime next spring or summer!

yeah shea doesn't have the mystique but it did have 2 world series championships and was also home to the NY Titans/Jets when they still played in New York. Some small shout out wouldn't be unappreciated :)

• Content Count:  2,307

I'm sure there will be some sort of ceremony for Shea Stadium also.  Might not be as big as what ESPN did for the Yankees or even what they Yankees did for themselves, but there will definitely be something planned.

There's just something about watching your team play at home for your first game that can't be touched. :)

I remember my first Yankees game.  I was 9 yrs old or so.  I don't even remember who the Yankees played.  All I remember was that my uncles didn't have money to take the train back.  So we had to walk from Yankees Stadium to 178th and Southern Blvd (E. Tremont train stop).  I will never forget that game because I was so tired after and I had school the next day.  My uncles decided to carry their gf's on their backs and not their kid niece.

Can't believe that was over 14 yrs ago.  Memories....

I'll have to plan a trip up there to see a game at the new field...I mean to uh see my family sometime next spring or summer!

Aha, that's what I used.  I made a trip to NY a little over a month ago so that I could watch the Yankees one last time.  I killed THREE birds with one stone.  Yankees game, got to visit some family, and got to hang out with my old friends.

Archived