• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to another conference?

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  0

The ACC is having a down year, but that's all it is. That conference is stacked with talent, way more than the big east. Even their 'bottom feeders' (UNC) are performing well now. The natural rivalries that USF would develop being in that league would be amazing! Not to mention I would get to go to more away games.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

How about we win a few conference championships before we start complaining about being "too big for our britches?"  ::)

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

How about we win a few conference championships before we start complaining about being "too big for our britches?"  ::)

yep.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I was kind of thinking, after WVU's loss last night, about how everyone will be saying that the BE is getting treated as a down year, it's a poor BCS football conference, etc.  So, instead of the normal thread about BE expansion as an effort to make the conference better, what are the chances that the BE gets raided (again) and USF gets an invite to another conference?  I know that the likely candidates (location-wise) are not really an option, but what if they were to get rid of a team/teams and maybe go after WVU, USF, Cincy, UL, Rutgers, etc?

Can anyone see this happening?

EA Sports does. I played in NCAA 09 in dynasty mode this year, won some bowls and a national championship and the ACC came knocking. But they came to do it as a switch for Duke to the Big East. Anyway, I told someone recently that if they keep rising in talent that maybe someday they will be SEC. Now that would rock some worlds.

• Content Count:  7,693

I'm sure Florida State and Miami would love another Florida school in the ACC about as much as Florida would lobby for another Florida school to get into the SEC.

It's not gunna happen.  BEast expansion is a more likely unlikely scenario.

I agree - this will never happen, why would Miami or FSU want another fish in their pond? Plus given the current length of a NCAA season the ACC and SEC are as large as they can be, now if they added 2-3 more games then expansion would be necessary, but given the current system I'd say no.

BE expansion is the only way to go... add 4 more teams, make a Southern and Northern Division, either bring in ND or kick them out, and maybe sacrifice some Basketball teams to accomplish this goal...

My top 4 teams are:

1.) East Carolina

2.) Southern Mississippi

3.) Marshall

4.) Notre Dame (if they will join us in fball)

Not trying to bring out the horse to beat it, just throwing up my 2 cents...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Big East WILL expand within 10 years. Mark it down.

Zonald, Miami left the Big East for money. As great as our TV Contract  is, it pales compared to what the ACC, or any other BCS conference has.

The Big East Money tree is currently owned by the basketball schedule...

If we split football/basketball, then the TV contract would be comparable to C-USA (football) and/or the Atlantic 12 (basketball)...  even adding some of the other mid-major teams, this new Big East football conference would not have clout to get that much more $$$... at least not without adding big TV market teams (Tulane, Memphis, Houston, TCU, FAU/FIU, UCF, etc)... and we would need some decent basketball programs.

• Content Count:  7,693

If we split football/basketball, then the TV contract would be comparable to C-USA (football) and/or the Atlantic 12 (basketball)...  even adding some of the other mid-major teams, this new Big East football conference would not have clout to get that much more $$$... at least not without adding big TV market teams (Tulane, Memphis, Houston, TCU, FAU/FIU, UCF, etc)... and we would need some decent basketball programs.

Don't forget the Marshall - WV game is a big rivalry game that would get us some decent air time, lastly if we could get freaking ND to crap or get off the pot then we would be considered big even thought ND has stunk for the past 10 years.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I like the BE. UL, RU, WVU are fun to play against. They arent doing so hot, but they will rebound. Why jump to the ACC when they dont look so hot  either? Do we really want to go to the SEC and be like Vandy and UK? I'd rather have 10-win seasons in the BE than 6-win seasons in the SEC

Save the Florida teams for OOC.

Don't forget the Marshall - WV game is a big rivalry game that would get us some decent air time, lastly if we could get freaking ND to crap or get off the pot then we would be considered big even thought ND has stunk for the past 10 years.

Huntington, WV is not a major TV market... regardless of how the series would go.  WVU-Marshall is like USF-UCF... one sided on the field and the Big East teams have disdain for the C-USA teams.  The difference is Orlando is a large media market (and could come with a bowl game to a 12-team Big East)...

Personally, I would bet against both Marshall and UCF... WVU and USF would never allow them in...

Archived