• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to another conference?

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

You musta been reading my mind!

I was just signing in to add a new poll on this very subject. (Hey Moderators, is it possible to "add" a poll question to an existing thread?)

Option 1: Stay in the BE and own it. Big fish in a little pond scenario. Regardless of whether the roundball schools ever let us expand or not.

Option 2: Move to the SEC. Little fish fighting hard in the big ocean.

Before you say, "Never gonna happen! SEC will never invite us!", that's not the point. The point is, IF they DID invite us, would you rather we played in the SEC, with such a small chance of winning it, or play in the BE, where we have a good shot at dominance?

ACC is not included in the poll, since it would be only marginally different than staying in the BE. Besides, there's already 2 Fla schools. But then again, there's 4 NC schools, so I guess it could be done.

B10, B12, P10 not included for obvious geographic reasons. But then again, we're not exactly co-located with the other BE schools, eh?

My vote would be for the BE UNLESS it ever comes to the point where we come in jeopardy of losing our BCS autobid.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

i would rather see the BEast expand.

Notre Dame needs to **** or get off the pot, and i would still love to see PSU join the conference the way they almost did back in the early '90s.

then snatch up two decent mid-majors [i like FAU, ECU or Troy] as FB-only teams...

then you have 12 teams, a championship game, and a much stronger football conference.

of course, this would be several years down the line...

USF needs to take advantage of the "down" conference this year and get that league trophy and a BCS bowl bid.

Stay in the BE as long as it is an automatic bid. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Kick out Syracuse, send them to C-USA. Bring in ECU from C-USA.

Guest nybullsfan

I was kind of thinking, after WVU's loss last night, about how everyone will be saying that the BE is getting treated as a down year, it's a poor BCS football conference, etc.  So, instead of the normal thread about BE expansion as an effort to make the conference better, what are the chances that the BE gets raided (again) and USF gets an invite to another conference?  I know that the likely candidates (location-wise) are not really an option, but what if they were to get rid of a team/teams and maybe go after WVU, USF, Cincy, UL, Rutgers, etc?

Can anyone see this happening?

lets fill our trophy case first

Barring a complete melt-down, we'll have the BE trophy this year. Once is enough...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I was kind of thinking, after WVU's loss last night, about how everyone will be saying that the BE is getting treated as a down year, it's a poor BCS football conference, etc.  So, instead of the normal thread about BE expansion as an effort to make the conference better, what are the chances that the BE gets raided (again) and USF gets an invite to another conference?  I know that the likely candidates (location-wise) are not really an option, but what if they were to get rid of a team/teams and maybe go after WVU, USF, Cincy, UL, Rutgers, etc?

Can anyone see this happening?

Don't we need to win this one first?

• Content Count:  684

according to this guy on the ucf board, ucf is going to the acc or the sec in a couple of years. he is absolutely sure of it... always talking in secret.. saying that he cant say much ... that work is being done underneath everythin... that a lot of people will be jealous and pissed off at ucf. has any of you seen his post?

link to this whackos post?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

ACC would not take another FL school if their life depended on it.  Nothing to gain, they have both ends of the state.

SEC to deep in tradition, I don't see them getting rid of our adding a team.  If they did, it would be a competitive one before they tool a non competitive one.  They'd call us before they'd call UCF for sure.  Maybe if we get our MBB up a bit, then they would.

Folks, lets not forget we beat UCF in 8 out of 9 sports last season.  The SEC isn't coming callign for them anytime soon.

Their best hope is for a BE expansion and maybe ECU and UCF being added to the conference so we can have a conf title game.  I would be in favor of that, personally, just not right now.  Let us get at least one conf under our belt first so we continue to have a recruiting edge.....

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Stay in the BE as long as it is an automatic bid. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Kick out Syracuse, send them to C-USA. Bring in ECU from C-USA.

Good luck with that one.

• Content Count:  113

Stay in the BEast, wreck shop, go to a good bowl (if not BCS) every year, wash, rinse, repeat, thank you for the trophies.  Being the only Florida team in a less than stellar BCS conference will pay dividends.

Agreed. Why fight through a tough conference when USF can build an SEC-type team and be the fastest and most athletic team in the Big East. Look how Miami dominated the B.E in the 90's, how FSU dominated the ACC in the 90's and how USC and Ohio State are dominating their respective conferences now.

I think alot of people are worried that the Big East is somehow going to lose their BCS auto-bid because they read alot of B.E bashing on the message boards and kind of take it as fact.

1) The B.E is a BCS conference for atleast another 5 seasons. Which means every team in the conference can lose each one of its OOC games and finish with 4 wins every season and we still wont lose the BCS bid till 2013.

2) The BCS committee isn't going to admit this, but it wants to keep majority rule over D1-A. Meaning it wants to have 6 BCS conferences vs. 5 Non-BCS conferences.

3) Even if the B.E did lose its auto bid, who would they be replaced with? You think the Pac-10 is eager to let the WAC become a BCS conference? You think the Big 12 wants the MWC as a BCS Conference member? How about the MAC? I'm sure the Big 10 is dying to let them in.

• Content Count:  1,894

Im sorry but if usf continues to win it will be a very attractive team to the acc. Big east expansion would sound nice but realistically we want to get out of the big east if we can. Acc would fit us much better if we continue to have sucess. We would get better recruits on all levels of sports from the competiveness of sports such as baseball,soccer and so on. It isn't far fetched to believe down the road we could get an invite to another conference and the acc would be the only offer I would guess to come our way. Not any time soon but we shall see.

Archived