• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to another conference?

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Can't see it happening unless there is a huge conference shake up.  Like Missouri to the Big Ten, Arkansas to the Big 12, etc.

Agreed--the only thing that would make this a possibility would be a chain reaction that would cause either the ACC or SEC to fall below 12 members and risk losing their championship game.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  339

nothing will change anytime soon.  The BE is a good place for USF.  We have a chance to go on a roll and own this conference like MIA did in the 90s-early 2000s.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

according to this guy on the ucf board, ucf is going to the acc or the sec in a couple of years. he is absolutely sure of it... always talking in secret.. saying that he cant say much ... that work is being done underneath everythin... that a lot of people will be jealous and pissed off at ucf. has any of you seen his post?

The deal is Notre Dame was approached by USC, OSU, and UF regarding establishing a powerhouse elite conference.  Something above BCS.  The powerhouse elite conference would receive two automatic bids to BCS bowls, with one of those guranteed to be the BCS National Championship game.  Notre Dame was interested, but because of their previous relationship with GOL only agreed on the condition UCF also be invited.

It is all rather hush hush, since the conference is still in the early preliminary stages.

Seriously though, the Big East is a great conference for us right now.  WVU, RU, UofL, and Cincy will all be back (hopefully not too soon). 

• Content Count:  3,574

according to this guy on the ucf board, ucf is going to the acc or the sec in a couple of years. he is absolutely sure of it... always talking in secret.. saying that he cant say much ... that work is being done underneath everythin... that a lot of people will be jealous and pissed off at ucf. has any of you seen his post?

Note to ALL UCiF FANS:  What makes you all believe that these other BCS conferences won't raid other BCS conferences (i.e. Big East)?

The SEC (UCiF's dream and arguably the best conference in America) will not select a team from CUSA ahead of a BCS school.  Keep dreaming.

Guest nybullsfan

You musta been reading my mind!

I was just signing in to add a new poll on this very subject. (Hey Moderators, is it possible to "add" a poll question to an existing thread?)

Option 1: Stay in the BE and own it. Big fish in a little pond scenario. Regardless of whether the roundball schools ever let us expand or not.

Option 2: Move to the SEC. Little fish fighting hard in the big ocean.

Before you say, "Never gonna happen! SEC will never invite us!", that's not the point. The point is, IF they DID invite us, would you rather we played in the SEC, with such a small chance of winning it, or play in the BE, where we have a good shot at dominance?

ACC is not included in the poll, since it would be only marginally different than staying in the BE. Besides, there's already 2 Fla schools. But then again, there's 4 NC schools, so I guess it could be done.

B10, B12, P10 not included for obvious geographic reasons. But then again, we're not exactly co-located with the other BE schools, eh?

• Content Count:  1,027

Stay in the BEast, wreck shop, go to a good bowl (if not BCS) every year, wash, rinse, repeat, thank you for the trophies.  Being the only Florida team in a less than stellar BCS conference will pay dividends.

• Content Count:  701

I was kind of thinking, after WVU's loss last night, about how everyone will be saying that the BE is getting treated as a down year, it's a poor BCS football conference, etc.  So, instead of the normal thread about BE expansion as an effort to make the conference better, what are the chances that the BE gets raided (again) and USF gets an invite to another conference?  I know that the likely candidates (location-wise) are not really an option, but what if they were to get rid of a team/teams and maybe go after WVU, USF, Cincy, UL, Rutgers, etc?

Can anyone see this happening?

lets fill our trophy case first

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, I think that the SEC or ACC would JUMP at the chance of taking a UCF club that is:

0-forever against ranked opponents, 2-29 (or close) against BCS opponents, and has never been ranked.

Sounds plausible to me.

say welcome to the new syracuse...

Guest nybullsfan

BTW, i would vote to move to the SEC.

I know we'll never get invited, but then again, when I went to USF (1982-86) I also knew we would NEVER play football at all. So what the h**l do I know?!?

Archived