• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to another conference?

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

I was kind of thinking, after WVU's loss last night, about how everyone will be saying that the BE is getting treated as a down year, it's a poor BCS football conference, etc.  So, instead of the normal thread about BE expansion as an effort to make the conference better, what are the chances that the BE gets raided (again) and USF gets an invite to another conference?  I know that the likely candidates (location-wise) are not really an option, but what if they were to get rid of a team/teams and maybe go after WVU, USF, Cincy, UL, Rutgers, etc?

Can anyone see this happening?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

i was one of first here to say usf goes to big east or other bcs conference

i say sec or acc is a possibility.  not today or  tomorrow but in future

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thinking PAC-10.  I'm sure they'd like to expand into Florida for recruiting purposes.  Though it might substantially cut into my road trips.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldnt mind the ACC. Even though the ACC is having a down year too, we would get more respect.

• Content Count:  353

according to this guy on the ucf board, ucf is going to the acc or the sec in a couple of years. he is absolutely sure of it... always talking in secret.. saying that he cant say much ... that work is being done underneath everythin... that a lot of people will be jealous and pissed off at ucf. has any of you seen his post?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can't see it happening unless there is a huge conference shake up.  Like Missouri to the Big Ten, Arkansas to the Big 12, etc.

• Content Count:  2,461

Yeah, I think that the SEC or ACC would JUMP at the chance of taking a UCF club that is:

0-forever against ranked opponents, 2-29 (or close) against BCS opponents, and has never been ranked.

Sounds plausible to me.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sure Florida State and Miami would love another Florida school in the ACC about as much as Florida would lobby for another Florida school to get into the SEC.

It's not gunna happen.  BEast expansion is a more likely unlikely scenario.

Archived