• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can USF mend the little things to be a top 10 team?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Here's my list in no particular order...

- Better offensive play calling.  We rely on Grothe and Taurus as beind solid athletes.  Our plays are fairly bland.  I am not excited with any special plays.  WVU last night had some cooler things (options, etc) that I just don't see us doing.  WVU lost, but they still got some yards on some cool plays which were well rehersed and properly executed.

- Our D Line is not helping selvie out.  We do not seem to be getting pressure to teh QB and KU was a great example.  That guy had all day.  He could have knitted a sweater in teh pocket. 

- Would like to see the blitz more

- Special teams.  Need to do a good job pinning guys down on kickoffs and punting. 

- New kicker (bonani) needs to be consistent with FG's and nail anything up to 50 yds.  The KU game winner was not a good kick, more luck than skill on that one.  I like him and think he will mature, but need consistency.

- Guys need to figure out how to play with the same intensity from the first snap to the last.  It is a 60 minute game.  We came out flat the first half against KU.  We almost gave the game away at UCF in the last 5 minutes.  I think we need to combine last years slogan and add more to it.  Something like "Start Strong, Finish Strong"  Or play to the whistle, or something like that...  Guys are being lazy.

- Coaching.  NOthing terrible this year, but I am still recalling the Sun Bowl where coaching let us down a bit.  Would like to have confidence we can win the big game at the end....

I love the bulls and on paper, we should be able to run the table this season..  That being said, we tend to trip over ourselves.  I am hoping we end the year 12 - 0 and get a BCS bowl.  We have the talent and there is no reason that cannot occur.  But there is a lot of football left to play.

-

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1  -  D-line needs to play better. Close don't count.

2  -  Get off the field on 3rd down.

3  -  Returns could be better.

4  -  Clock management.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

I would love to see USF in the top 10, but right now I don't think we are top 10 material.

I think finding a kicker and shoring up special teams a little bit really helped -so I think our current ranking is fair.

However, the other teams ahead of us are going to lose, starting this weekend. Eventually, we will move up.

Now, the question is this: what must we do to be a top 10 team (to be top 10 material, regardless of the voting)?

Here's my short list:

1) Energy. Look at our star athletes, they always play 100%. I think the team needs to do that each and every game.

2) Coaching experiments on offense. A top 10 team knows what works and doesn't.

3) Tackling. You don't see top 10 teams not wrapping up.

[glow=red,2,300]4) A dangerous returner: A top 10 team needs to make things happen on special teams.[/glow]

Can you imagine if we had someone who had a chance to run it back every time our defense forces a punt?

Archived