• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deep Thoughts: If our bad boy image turns into titles, I'll be so pumped...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think we can accomplish more by being good fans..... 

We do not want a thug image, it does not accomplish anything.

What if NFL scouts want to come to the game and all they witness are fights.

What about what the recruits see, if they see idiots acting like morons, what will they think.

What about bowl committees who are trying to decide which fan base they want at their stadium.  Do they want people who fight, curse, drink too much, and have altercations with the opposing team, or do they want a fun, nice spiritied team?

I very much want us to turn this program back a few years when we were surprised when we won a big game.  When we went to Charlotte for the car care bowl and played NC State, I had a great time.  People were very, very , very friendly and no one did said even a bad word to us.  No cussing, nothing out of the ordinary.  I had my kids with me that weekend and they had a blast too.  It was a first class experience (except for the loss on the field).  We should be more like that.

When did we turn from nice to hostile.  When did we decide it was okay to curse at games in front of kids, drink too much, hurl objects at people, and start fights.  This is not an NFL event but a college game played with supposedly adult/college aged fans. 

I am embarassed and outraged we even have to address this.  My thought is, would you be willing to tell your mother and grandmother about your actions before, during and after each game.  If not, then you need to check yourself.

This stupid topic has been bothering me since the UCF game, and I hope people will step up to be leaders and help reduce this crap.  Everyone should be embarassed for our school and the image it portrays.  The nation will view us based on how we act. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived