• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deep Thoughts: If our bad boy image turns into titles, I'll be so pumped...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I've been in discussion in private with someone on here that really cares about the university's image... and a huge part of me cares as well. All the nonsense though about the KU game is getting old. The more I read, the more disgusted I'm getting with it. It's Thursday. We have a game in two days... and people are still yapping with KU fans. Get it over it. It's done!

Part of me wants to go back to the Dark Side. Part of me thinks about Miami, 2LiveCrew, the Darth Vader theme song, and the swagger their program carried in the '80s, the last part of the '90s, and the first part of this decade. Myself, I would sacrifice our goal of having a choir boy rep for some championships. I personally liked the Catholics vs the Convicts t-shirts. We have our problem fans, maybe more than most... other schools do as well. We need to make a decision as a whole though. Are we the Detroit Pistons or the San Antonio Spurs? Bulliever thinks I'm an idiot at times, but I'd take my chances with a team that has Ron Artest, Allen Iverson, Josh Howard, Kobe Bryant, etc. I don't condone the jerkoff fan behavior to little kids or the elderly... but I'm sorta liking the fear of God we're leaving in the Midwest. I don't know about anyone else... but my USF car flag flies a little bolder with all the whimpering stories of KU fans crying over spilled milk. Only one KU fan said he had a physical altercation. And he beat the USF fan to a pulp for bumping his wife. Congrats to him... others just dealt with the regular harassment that I get used to at away games in enemy territory.

We have such a PC society anymore... it's really sickening to be honest. If parents had just beaten their kids when they were idiots growing up, maybe we wouldn't be where we're at right now. I'm not innocent. I said some stuff to UCF cheerleaders back while I was in school that were less than appropriate... but I have grown up since that point in time.

FWIW... We got harassed pretty hard at Auburn after winning. I got sucker punched by a UCF fan that was with a group of 20 two years ago while tailgating at Ray J none the less. Probably karma for the cheerleader incident while attending a hoops game at the Garage.

Maybe it's me... but the Midwest is soft compared to the East Coast. Always has been. If you had to get in a brawl and you had to pick one of two people, would you take a farmer from the Midwest or a city slicker from the East Coast? Oh well... maybe I'm demented in my thinking... but I was nice to the KU people I drank with... but I guess that is my demeanor in the first place. Twisted thinking deep down, but my conscience says to always offer a helping hand when needed. Although... when it comes to 2010 and we play UF, I just hope to make it into the stadium alive!

Deep Thoughts... By The Sheriff

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

Funny. 

I torn.  I want our team to play with the force of the Dark Side but I want our fans to chill a lil bit.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I want the players to play with swagger and aggression but i think the fans should be laid back and humble and most of all respectful.  Play like the U of old and have fans like Auburn. 

• Content Count:  720

I'm mostly with ya on this one Sheriff. I think what people don't take into consideration is that Tampa is a huge city compared to most other "college" towns. Miami is the same way. I think most of the problems are in the cheap sets where the casual Bulls "fans" sit. When you have a big city you just have that much more of an opportinity to get the bandwagon fans that don't care what the image of USF looks like.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

There is nothing wrong with being an aggressive fan. But nobody should be assaulted (verbally or physically).

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I'm mostly with ya on this one Sheriff. I think what people don't take into consideration is that Tampa is a huge city compared to most other "college" towns. Miami is the same way. I think most of the problems are in the cheap sets where the casual Bulls "fans" sit. When you have a big city you just have that much more of an opportinity to get the bandwagon fans that don't care what the image of USF looks like.

Exactly! I would hate to see thugs take over our school's image. We all have pride in our school and pride for everyone who represents us.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I've been in discussion in private with someone on here that really cares about the university's image... and a huge part of me cares as well. All the nonsense though about the KU game is getting old. The more I read, the more disgusted I'm getting with it. It's Thursday. We have a game in two days... and people are still yapping with KU fans. Get it over it. It's done!

Part of me wants to go back to the Dark Side. Part of me thinks about Miami, 2LiveCrew, the Darth Vader theme song, and the swagger their program carried in the '80s, the last part of the '90s, and the first part of this decade. Myself, I would sacrifice our goal of having a choir boy rep for some championships. I personally liked the Catholics vs the Convicts t-shirts. We have our problem fans, maybe more than most... other schools do as well. We need to make a decision as a whole though. Are we the Detroit Pistons or the San Antonio Spurs? Bulliever thinks I'm an idiot at times, but I'd take my chances with a team that has Ron Artest, Allen Iverson, Josh Howard, Kobe Bryant, etc. I don't condone the jerkoff fan behavior to little kids or the elderly... but I'm sorta liking the fear of God we're leaving in the Midwest. I don't know about anyone else... but my USF car flag flies a little bolder with all the whimpering stories of KU fans crying over spilled milk. Only one KU fan said he had a physical altercation. And he beat the USF fan to a pulp for bumping his wife. Congrats to him... others just dealt with the regular harassment that I get used to at away games in enemy territory.

We have such a PC society anymore... it's really sickening to be honest. If parents had just beaten their kids when they were idiots growing up, maybe we wouldn't be where we're at right now. I'm not innocent. I said some stuff to UCF cheerleaders back while I was in school that were less than appropriate... but I have grown up since that point in time.

FWIW... We got harassed pretty hard at Auburn after winning. I got sucker punched by a UCF fan that was with a group of 20 two years ago while tailgating at Ray J none the less. Probably karma for the cheerleader incident while attending a hoops game at the Garage.

Maybe it's me... but the Midwest is soft compared to the East Coast. Always has been. If you had to get in a brawl and you had to pick one of two people, would you take a farmer from the Midwest or a city slicker from the East Coast? Oh well... maybe I'm demented in my thinking... but I was nice to the KU people I drank with... but I guess that is my demeanor in the first place. Twisted thinking deep down, but my conscience says to always offer a helping hand when needed. Although... when it comes to 2010 and we play UF, I just hope to make it into the stadium alive!

Deep Thoughts... By The Sheriff

hahahaha.

i'm with ya man.

but there is also something to be said for humble strength.

nothin wrong with having the grit to flip on a b*tch when you've been pushed to the limit, but simply being a loudmouth and abusive for abusive sake isn't the best image.

USF should be a tough place to play, and there's nothing wrong with letting other fans know it's OUR HOUSE with some tough jeering...

but don't be that ******* with beer muscles that mouths off for no reason, crosses the line, then gets his ass kicked like a b*tch.

• Content Count:  3,103

As a life long Canes fan, grew up going to games until the time I left Miami to come to Tampa for college, I agree with The Sheriff on this, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Archived