• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OFFICIAL WVU vs Colorado THREAD

Matt

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Our defense is built to stop the spread...I am not scared at all. We should beat them by 2 scores.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Guys, there's absolutely no reason to root for WVU, let them lie in the crappy redneck beds they made for themselves.

We don't need any strength of schedule to win the BE, and if we go undefeated we still stay top 15 and a BCS game, i'll take that as opposed to rooting for them.

You're arguing that BEast OOC losses don't hurt us. I would argue that it also doesn't help us. If we win all our games we will make a BCS bowl...I'd rather it be that we are representing a decent conference, than a mid-major....

BCS Affiliation = Not a Mid Major conference

The BE will always have BCS affiliation, it will never change

I'll take being the BYU of the Big East every year with the annual OOC ranked opponent in the Jay.

Well, you don't really understand how our SOS affects us then...

A 12-0 USF team with a weak SOS gets shafted while two 12-1 teams playing in the SEC and Big 12 play for the NC.

If we have a strong SOS, we don't passed over by a 1-loss team.

But I really wouldn't mind a Buffaloes victory... no matter how it hurts USF.

I understand that in other years, but we don't have a shot at the NC this year even if WVU performs well finishing the season, everyone on paper will be weaker than us.

...well, technically, if we are good enough to play for a NC, everyone should be weaker than us on paper.

Again, I don't understand why everyone is so down on the possibility of us playing for the title.

Reminds me of a family friend who has been in school 9 years to become a physicians assistant. She doesn't want to be a doctor because of the insurance. Thats the same feeling I get from you guys that say you would rather not play for a NC, than play for it and lose.

Not many teams get that chance, I wouldn't mind sitting in the stands on 1/8/09 watching my team play for a national friggin' championship.

I am not saying it's going to happen, but like I said earlier today in another thread. Until we lose a game, the possibility is there, and it's something to dream about.

It's week 4, and some of you have already decided that the crown belongs to one of about 5-6 teams who by the way, haven't played anyone yet. No team in the top 5 has a win as big as our KU win. Ohio state was over-rated...again, and without their best player. ECU can make a good case for being ahead of us, otherwise, I don't see the major separation that you guys see between us and the rest of the pack.

...sorry to rant, back to the WVU conversation...

• Content Count:  1,260

Still alot of football to play tonight and during the season. But the biggest obstacle against WVU will be that it will be a road game, in the cold, and probably playing primetime for the conference crown. If it was played on a neutral field...we're totally capable of beating these guys.....

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

No Orlando, you are completely right to rant. Anybody can beat anybody in college football. Just because you dont think we would stand a chance against, say USC, doesnt mean it is not possible. I would take the odds of USF over USC anyday over Stanford vs USC. Upsets happen every single week. Totally moving WAYYYYY ahead here, but everybody will be quite pissed if a 12-0 USF team gets passed over to play in the NC.

my rant >:D

WVU will lose at least one if not two Big East games this season... so the Morgantown game will be anti-climactic.

A USF win over UConn will clinch the Big East title for USF.

And the game at WVU will be a noon game...

These are just my predictions.

• Content Count:  1,260

WVU will lose at least one if not two Big East games this season... so the Morgantown game will be anti-climactic.

Go get'em Jim!  ;D

carnak.jpg

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

So who beats WVU in conference? I am thinking that @UConn might be one of your 2.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I dont think that KState is even decent this year, but dont sleep on the 'Ville. They might very well beat WV. They will DEF. put yards up on the eers.

Archived