• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students at FIU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I did a little research - all HS style benches, with HS style construction...

The stadium max's out at 23,000 and in 2010 its seating capacity will be doubled to hold 45,000... its also made by the same company that built UCF's stadium.

Thus I won't toss too many stones, since this thing cost $54 Million and given the track record for new College Football stadiums in Florida we may end up with something like this down the road...

I think this is why we don't yet have a stadium.  I don't think USF will  build a high school facility.  When/if they build a stadium I foresee something far greater than those erector sets.  I don't think we'll down grade from Ray Jay.  We'll stay their until we could afford something great.

We should call Jerry Jones to confirm the design of our stadium.  He seems to have great taste in that aspect.  I'm sure USF could raise a billion or too...

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

At least 150 students should make the trip but it could be more. USF has a number of students from miami.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,630
  • Days Won:  6

We were allotted 2500 FIU tickets.  We ended up returning 840 of them.

I'm not sure who's fault it was, but they held aside 1000 for the students.  I think they were off by... oh say 700 or so!

Are you sure these numbers are correct?  I thought we were given 3500 tickets - the capacity of the visitor bleachers.  And if we only distributed 1,660 tickets I hope that doesn't include 325 for the band.  1,300 people BUYING tickets is pitiful I don't care what the price is.  Especially after we had 9,000 at FAU.  I don't get it.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I thought we had 3500 and returned 840.

As for price, our tickets were $48 + handling, but for FIU folks they had to buy a season ticket package to get these tickets, no single game sales.  Their season tickets started at $100.  Might have been a little ambitious given that they are coming off a 1-11 season and are 0-2 this season.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone been to Louisville's stadium, and if so how is it in comparison structurally to UCF and FIU's frying pans?

• Content Count:  1,066

The fiu ticket price is a friggin joke...        We should call Charlie Christ and complain about price gouging...      ;)

Actually that would be AG McCollum  http://myfloridalegal.com/    for a more rapid response.

• Content Count:  12,293

its built like a high school stadium because the high school games that will be played there will draw more fans.

Archived