• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kiffin to Syracuse?

Sunil

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's probably just this writer trying to stir the pot...but here ya go...

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sully_on_sports/2008/09/kiffin-to-syrac.html

Kiffin to Syracuse?

Syracuse coach Greg Robinson is as good as gone. It's astonishing how bad the Orangemen have become over the last couple of years. The latest rumor has embattled Oakland Raiders coach Lane Kiffin as a potential replacement. Kiffin could be fired at any time by owner Al Davis, who feels his 33-year-old coach has been guilty of insubordination. Kiffin has told the media in the Bay Area that he is being undermined by Davis and his defensive coordinator, Rob Ryan.

It'll be interesting to see what today at One Bills Drive. The opposing coach talks to the Buffalo media as part of the Wednesday media session. I wonder if Kiffin will take part, and if he does, how he will manage to sidestep the issue of his job security.  He might be fired during the day. Reports out of Oakland say it would be a bad time to pull the trigger, but that Davis is capable of anything at this point.

As for Robinson, I would fire him on the spot. Syracuse needs to send a message that the embarrassment has gone too far. So what if it's during the season? How could things get any worse on the Hill? Losing by two touchdowns to Akron? Oh, that already happened. Blown out at home by Penn State? Not a single player picked in the NFL draft? The rumor mill suggests that if Kiffin becomes available, Syracuse might make the move in-season because Kiffin would be ready to take over right away.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If I were the Syracuse athletic director I'd fire Greg Robinson and his staff with out any replacements.  Just let the players control themselves and the QB call the plays.

They save a ton of cash and wont really get any worse.  They may lose by more, but really what's the difference of a loss by 10 and a loss by 50?

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

If I were the Syracuse athletic director I'd fire Greg Robinson and his staff with out any replacements.  Just let the players control themselves and the QB call the plays.

They save a ton of cash and wont really get any worse.  They may lose by more, but really what's the difference of a loss by 10 and a loss by 50?

lolz, Kiffin is a good coach though.

lolz, Kiffin is a good coach though.

Oh, I certainly agree it would be an outstanding move for Syracuse.  If Kiffin wouldn't touch the Orangemen wit ha ten foot poll, firing the entire staff would also be a good option.

• Content Count:  2,661

I don't think a Lane Kiffin hire would be all that popular with the Syracuse faithful right now. It would be reminiscent of the Robinson hire -- another NFL retread brought in from California.

What Syracuse needs is a guy who regain the ground they've lost to UConn and Rutgers in northeast recruiting.

• Content Count:  4,642

jamarcus russell is garbage and it was a wasted pick by a desperate team owner.  oakland is getting better and better.  they need a better defensive coordinator, tough.  with the talent they have on D, they should be shutting down the pass completely.  jay cutler made them look like trash.

• Content Count:  1,260

I don't think a Lane Kiffin hire would be all that popular with the Syracuse faithful right now. It would be reminiscent of the Robinson hire -- another NFL retread brought in from California.

What Syracuse needs is a guy who regain the ground they've lost to UConn and Rutgers in northeast recruiting.

I think Turner Gill from Buffalo makes alot of sense. His record isn't that impressive unless you look closely. He took a squad which hasn't had a winning MAC conference record...and had them 5-3 last year. (No wins out of conference..but in 2006 they were 2-10). Buffalo is never going to be a collegiate power based on location alone..and yet this guys has been relatively successful. Gill is highly thought of in the coaching ranks and knows the lay of the land as far as northeastern recruiting. Syracuse could do alot worse....

I think Turner Gill from Buffalo makes alot of sense. His record isn't that impressive unless you look closely. He took a squad which hasn't had a winning MAC conference record...and had them 5-3 last year. (No wins out of conference..but in 2006 they were 2-10). Buffalo is never going to be a collegiate power based on location alone..and yet this guys has been relatively successful. Gill is highly thought of in the coaching ranks and knows the lay of the land as far as northeastern recruiting. Syracuse could do alot worse....

Syracuse has a lot worse.  They will be hiring someone coming up here soon.

• Content Count:  2,118

Kiffin to Syracuse would be good for the Orange, Robinson is defently in the ******.

Archived