• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pledge from a Bull......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you really have to ask yourself if KU would have won the game would they have B*itched about the fans

based on what happened... the answer is yes.

Velcro - I promise I am not following you around on this... :)

I am genuinly interested.  What happened that is causing this?  Did a Kansas fan get assaulted physically?  Was it what has been described in these threads as far as getting in their face and yelling?  Throwing stuff? 

I am not asking this in an unbelieving way, I want to be informaed so when it comes time to stand up to someone, I am ready.

If it is not appropriate to post here, I understand.

Bulldad...

i am discussing with the person that alerted me to the seriousness of this to see how they want to handle explaining it.

I know people won't take me as seriously as they would if that person posted it here... but there are also issues with posting this in a public forum too.

One thing I can say (and hopefully, i can say more later), is that it isn't all Bull on Jayhawk problems...  that is about half of it, maybe more... but some of it is just drunk idiots in general.

Regardless... some, if not all, of what the kansas fan said did happen, as appauling as that is, and much much more.  That was just a small sample. 

I hope to get more clarification on what I can say and what I should hold off saying... but please, at least for the time being, realize that our fan base's national perception plays an important role in our athletic deptarment in many ways, including scheduling.

I am very happy that people like you are concerned enough to keep probing on this.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe they should just put the overflow students on the opposite upper deck than the away fan overflow.

I think that would solve half the problems.

Maybe they should just put the overflow students on the opposite upper deck than the away fan overflow.

i bet that does happen.

as long as many more things.

Unfortunately, the few that are acting like idiots are going to bring upon tailgating rule changes that affect EVERYONE.

That is why I am pleading with everyone to speak up and take ownership in USF Football.  We all have bled green and gold for a long time, and love how our program has grown... but now, handfuls of drunks are going to cause mass changes that are neccessary if we want to avoid the negative reputation schoolls like UCF currently have. 

• Content Count:  2,567

i bet that does happen.

as long as many more things.

Unfortunately, the few that are acting like idiots are going to bring upon tailgating rule changes that affect EVERYONE.

That is why I am pleading with everyone to speak up and take ownership in USF Football.  We all have bled green and gold for a long time, and love how our program has grown... but now, handfuls of drunks are going to cause mass changes that are neccessary if we want to avoid the negative reputation schoolls like UCF currently have. 

I don't know what kind of information the school has been sending or trying to convey to the students, but hopefully they cut to the chase and make it **** clear how the behavior of fans (not just students, btw) can and will have an effect on us as fans as well as the football team itself (OOC scheduling, bowl invites, CUT-OFF BEER SALES AT GAMES).  It seems that what I have seen in regards to the "Respect-A-Bull" campaign, while well-meaning, seems to be a bit hokey and PC to me.  The whole notion of encouraging "appropriate behavior and a welcoming environment for the visitors" needs to be replaced with consequences of what could happen if the trend of bad behavior that many are speaking of continues.  I believe that will capture people's attention much more effectively.

BWBW, I agree with that assessment, and believe me, steps are being discussed.  The Respect-A-Bull campaign is not the solution, and they know that... it is just a small step.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Bulldad...

I am very happy that people like you are concerned enough to keep probing on this.

Thanks Velcro.  I will be watching for any updates.

As you can probably tell from my name, I am the parent of a student at USF and I do not want the school to gain a bad reputation.

I will say that both my daughter and another student she did not even know came and sat with us for a while because the student section was so crazy with drunks.  The other student came to sit with someone else sitting in front of us.  Struck me as significant that both of them thought the same thing.

• Content Count:  2,567

BWBW, I agree with that assessment, and believe me, steps are being discussed.  The Respect-A-Bull campaign is not the solution, and they know that... it is just a small step.

Good.  I just hope they don't make any knee-jerk decisions that will affect the 99% of fans that behave properly at games.  That is usually what ends up happening.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Really, I think the RespectABull campaign is more of an effort to demonstrate to visiting teams that USF is taking steps to address the issue.  It will also serve as a constant reminder to our fans.  That is the marketing phase of the effort.  

The enforcement phase is on the way, and additional steps will be taken as soon as the Pitt game.

Good.  I just hope they don't make any knee-jerk decisions that will affect the 99% of fans that behave properly at games.  That is usually what ends up happening.

If a decision is made that affects 99% of fan base (and i am betting at this point, it will, but just to what scale), it wouldn't be knee jerk. 

When we know what we can say and what we can't, you will see what I mean.

The problem is that bad.   

• Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

steps are being discussed.  The Respect-A-Bull campaign is not the solution, and they know that... it is just a small step.

Isn't it sad that it couldn't be the solution??  That steps are having to be taken to ensure proper behavior?

Archived