• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a good analogy about red sox fans that live here

Singabull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

therefore, you should cheer for tampa sports if you are a tampanian (or whatever we are called)

Tampon

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

first off: Bruce Blingstein - I think I'm in "L" with you! Love your football/baseball teams, you hate the rangers, and I don't give a darn about basketball anymore.

i have that affect on women, dont be threatened by it  ;)

but there is nothing like female Jets and mets fans.  i cant tell you how many relationships i have had with tension due to them being yankee fans.  what is very impressive about your teams is that most people from new jersey end up being yankee and giants fan.  you must be smart, which is proven even more by your decision to go to usf. 

go mets, big week ahead of us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

the mets are a joke. maybe this year they won't choke

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

interesting thread - some thoughts from someone Singabull is going to hate if he doesn't already

first off: Bruce Blingstein - I think I'm in "L" with you! Love your football/baseball teams, you hate the rangers, and I don't give a darn about basketball anymore.

I've lived in tampa for over 12 years and am 24, I also went to school in Boston for 2 years and I've never turned on the teams I grew up as a fan of

it's not that I can't be a fan of tampa teams, it's that I don't have the desire to be one. For a couple years I rooted for the Bucs and followed them as much as I did the Jets. In fact, my first football game was a Bucs/Vickings game. Then they got good, and all these people became "fans", some of them started talking garbage and giving me a hard time for being a Jets fan and for the Bucs not being my number one team. It turned me off, people who knew nothing about the Bucs and had lived here their whole lives were giving me garbage about still rooting my home team, the team I'd grown up on. It turned me off from ever wanting to root for a Tampa team let alone become a fan and give up my teams for them.

I am blessed in the fact that my father is a huge sports fan, I even joke that I don't want to move out of my house mostly because of how much sports packages would cost me. With DirectTV and the sports packages we have I can watch my baseball, football, and hockey teams any time I want. I follow them the same way I would if I still lived up north.

I am no less a memeber of my community because I'm not a fan of their sports teams. Just like a person who doesn't like sports at all is no less a member of the community.

if you ever see a girl in a "Mrs Wright" tshirt, or sporting Jets gear on sundays, or in a Devils jersey at a lightning game it's quite possible it's me...in short SingABull I'm that girl you love to hate :)

You can change teams if you really want to.  Don't say you "can't."  It's a sports team, not a spouse.

I know plenty of people who's teams have outlasted their spouse...just saying :)

It's not so much that you're not a member of the community because you're not a fan of our teams, it's that you're going against us.  You're rooting for the bucs, bolts, and rays to lose, which makes you an outsider.  Why not become part of the fan base.  12 years here and you're only 24!!!! cmon, you can easily do it.  It's not like you're 50 and have been rooting for other teams since you were 10.

I used to be a bills, red wings, and braves fan...for various reasons.  But when I got older I realized how much more fun it is to enjoy a home game with the home team's fans.  Sure, you can go and pay for all that extra crap on satellite or whatever or following the teams on the radio on the internet.  Or yes, you can see 2 devils-lightning games a year.  OR, you can see 41 lightning games, 81 rays games, and 8 bucs games in the area.  You moved when you were freaking 12!!!!!!!!! pffffffff   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

interesting thread - some thoughts from someone Singabull is going to hate if he doesn't already

I've lived in tampa for over 12 years and am 24, I also went to school in Boston for 2 years and I've never turned on the teams I grew up as a fan of

it's not that I can't be a fan of tampa teams, it's that I don't have the desire to be one. For a couple years I rooted for the Bucs and followed them as much as I did the Jets. In fact, my first football game was a Bucs/Vickings game. Then they got good, and all these people became "fans", some of them started talking garbage and giving me a hard time for being a Jets fan and for the Bucs not being my number one team. It turned me off, people who knew nothing about the Bucs and had lived here their whole lives were giving me garbage about still rooting my home team, the team I'd grown up on. It turned me off from ever wanting to root for a Tampa team let alone become a fan and give up my teams for them.

I am blessed in the fact that my father is a huge sports fan, I even joke that I don't want to move out of my house mostly because of how much sports packages would cost me. With DirectTV and the sports packages we have I can watch my baseball, football, and hockey teams any time I want. I follow them the same way I would if I still lived up north.

I am no less a memeber of my community because I'm not a fan of their sports teams. Just like a person who doesn't like sports at all is no less a member of the community.

if you ever see a girl in a "Mrs Wright" tshirt, or sporting Jets gear on sundays, or in a Devils jersey at a lightning game it's quite possible it's me...in short SingABull I'm that girl you love to hate :)

You can change teams if you really want to.  Don't say you "can't."  It's a sports team, not a spouse.

I know plenty of people who's teams have outlasted their spouse...just saying :)

It's not so much that you're not a member of the community because you're not a fan of our teams, it's that you're going against us.  You're rooting for the bucs, bolts, and rays to lose, which makes you an outsider.  Why not become part of the fan base.  12 years here and you're only 24!!!! cmon, you can easily do it.  It's not like you're 50 and have been rooting for other teams since you were 10.

I used to be a bills, red wings, and braves fan...for various reasons.  But when I got older I realized how much more fun it is to enjoy a home game with the home team's fans.  Sure, you can go and pay for all that extra crap on satellite or whatever or following the teams on the radio on the internet.  Or yes, you can see 2 devils-lightning games a year.  OR, you can see 41 lightning games, 81 rays games, and 8 bucs games in the area.  You moved when you were freaking 12!!!!!!!!! pffffffff

I'm feeling a little queasy .... I actually agree with a good portion of this post.  :-\

• Content Count:  873

I'm feeling a little queasy .... I actually agree with a good portion of this post.   :-\

It's ok, I say a lot of stupid things but my opinions will stand firm on rooting for the home teams.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I'm feeling a little queasy .... I actually agree with a good portion of this post.   :-\

my post or singabulls response? I was slightly confused by which

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

i have that affect on women, dont be threatened by it ;)

but there is nothing like female Jets and mets fans. i cant tell you how many relationships i have had with tension due to them being yankee fans. what is very impressive about your teams is that most people from new jersey end up being yankee and giants fan. you must be smart, which is proven even more by your decision to go to usf.

go mets, big week ahead of us.

yeah...female mets/jets fans are pretty much the best thing out there

my ex list includes: a patriots fan, yankees/giants fan, and a guy who hated hockey...throw in the last guy I dated was a UCiFer...it's easy to see why I'm not with any of them anymore!

I've outright told guys I'm not interested in them based solely on their crappy taste in sports teams...it's kinda funny to see their reactions

Archived