• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

a good analogy about red sox fans that live here

Singabull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

I don't like boston fans, never have, never will.  But, if and when I leave the tampa bay area, if I move to another place with a major market MLB team, I should burn my rays gear and swear a new allegiance?  I pray I never get a job in the north east...

That's the key. That's the one thing I used to like about Deumig was his ragging on fans like that but then I got to thinking about that scenario and there's no way in hell I would have given up the TB teams if I had moved away... What I don't agree with is other team's fans who live here now but push their kids to their team is just wrong to me. They should grow up following the team where they live, like their parents did.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I don't like boston fans, never have, never will.  But, if and when I leave the tampa bay area, if I move to another place with a major market MLB team, I should burn my rays gear and swear a new allegiance?  I pray I never get a job in the north east...

That's the key. That's the one thing I used to like about Deumig was his ragging on fans like that but then I got to thinking about that scenario and there's no way in hell I would have given up the TB teams if I had moved away... What I don't agree with is other team's fans who live here now but push their kids to their team is just wrong to me. They should grow up following the team where they live, like their parents did.

Kids should grow up liking and following any teams they want.  Not where their parents push them or even necessarily where they are from, though with local tv most kids root for the home team.   

My Dad: Cowboys, Mets, Islanders, Celtics

My Brother: Giants, Mets, Islanders, Bulls

Bruce H. Blingstein: Jets, Mets, Islanders, Suns

* pop and I been adopting the Rays for about 3-4 years now

No Yankees, Rangers ,Knicks or Bucs fans because the Blingsteins are smart. 

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

Kids should grow up liking and following any teams they want.  Not where their parents push them or even necessarily where they are from, though with local tv most kids root for the home team.   

The Phoenix Suns?  Curious how that came about.  That one doesn't really fit, but neither do the Cowboys.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I cheer for the Rays have been to numerous games. however, my first team is the Reds and even though they have had a bad 10 years or so, I'll still keep on cheering for them. who cares if you like another team while living in a different city. That's life. My brother lives out in southern california and he still wears his university of miami stuff around and has decals on his truck. if your a true fan, then you'll stick with your team no matter here you live. sounds like a bandwagon fan called in that remark.

So Singabull if you somehow got a job offer in Boston that increased your salary by 100%. First of all dont say you wouldnt take the job because that is lie. But would you burn all of your Rays stuff and Buy Pats and Red Sox stuff?

If  I got a 100% raise I'd take it, but I'd have enough money to fly back for all the USF games.  **** with a 100% raise I could fly to ALL the games.

It may not work so much for baseball with their retarded 161 game schedule, but you could still make quite a few.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I cheer for the Rays have been to numerous games. however, my first team is the Reds and even though they have had a bad 10 years or so, I'll still keep on cheering for them. who cares if you like another team while living in a different city. That's life. My brother lives out in southern california and he still wears his university of miami stuff around and has decals on his truck. if your a true fan, then you'll stick with your team no matter here you live. sounds like a bandwagon fan called in that remark.

So Singabull if you somehow got a job offer in Boston that increased your salary by 100%. First of all dont say you wouldnt take the job because that is lie. But would you burn all of your Rays stuff and Buy Pats and Red Sox stuff?

If  I got a 100% raise I'd take it, but I'd have enough money to fly back for all the USF games.  **** with a 100% raise I could fly to ALL the games.

It may not work so much for baseball with their retarded 161 game schedule, but you could still make quite a few.

You know singabull would dump the rays like a bad habit.  He isn't a fan to begin with.

And then he'd be disowned by that fan base too ;)

The Phoenix Suns?  Curious how that came about.  That one doesn't really fit, but neither do the Cowboys.

I hated the KNick teams with Ewing, Starks, Oakley, etc.  I played PAL basketball when I was like 6 and was on the Suns.  I started watching them and Kevin Johnson became my favorite athlete to this day.  I became obsessed with the Suns and always stuck to my roots.  Just a coincidence. 

Cowboys and Celts were the team with all the press when my Dad was young.  I call him a front runner.  Though he has been with them through the bad too. 

I hated the KNick teams with Ewing, Starks, Oakley, etc.  I played PAL basketball when I was like 6 and was on the Suns.  I started watching them and Kevin Johnson became my favorite athlete to this day.  I became obsessed with the Suns and always stuck to my roots.  Just a coincidence. 

Cowboys and Celts were the team with all the press when my Dad was young.  I call him a front runner bandwagoner Though he has been with them through the bad too. 

Although, like you said, he isn't really a bandwagoner if he stayed with them ..... Where did your dad grow up?

I know he's not, I just give him crap how it was easy to root for the Celts and Boys back in his day.   

Dad is from Queens, NY.

I know he's not, I just give him crap how it was easy to root for the Celts and Boys back in his day.   

Dad is from Queens, NY.

The Cowboys and Celtics got more press than the New York teams?? I take it back, he is a bandwagoner ....... he has just never jumped off.

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

I'd give it away to a Rays fan, not burn it.  And although it would be difficult at first, I'd become a fan of whatever area's teams I move to.  The home team is a part of the community and if I move somewhere I'm not going to be a dissent to the community.  If the area's team wins a championship, I want to be able to go to the parade and enjoy it with my family and friends and the people I work with.  I want to be able to pick up a newspaper and read the top story of the sports section about my team, not go online and look at espn.com every day.  You can change teams if you really want to.  Don't say you "can't."  It's a sports team, not a spouse.

Archived